Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"as soon as I hit 18, Im moving in with you"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
Something my 17 year old niece told me.

She is such a nice child, straight A's , no problems at all

Her mother, on the other hand, is such a controlling freak. My sisters has always been like this

She doesn't let her go out at all..I understand there are some boundaries but not even to the movies. "Too much danger out there"

She can't have the door of her room closed, only gets to wear certain clothes. Nothing tight which is understandable.. But I am sure no 17 year wants to be dressed like a grandma...

But this one made me mad...

She will not allow Taylor to go to a community college school. She says that they get lazy and never finish school..

Um what?

She's also pushing her to apply to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc. All ivy league schools (she plays basketball and she's really good at it but doesn't want to do it for college)

Would you take in your niece if she told you she wanted to move with you when she turns 18?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rugratwrangler
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Sure. But I would be afraid she would go wild after she gets some freedom and make really bad decisions. But sure I would
momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Yes I would.  My SIL is nuts about stuff too.  She has to be in a realationship no matter what.  Her mom is the same way.  They go from one worthless man to another & another.  Its teaching the kids you cannot be happy alone.

smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Yeah, this kid is going to lose her effing mind once she gets a little freedom Haha I'm with you.

Quoting rugratwrangler: Sure. But I would be afraid she would go wild after she gets some freedom and make really bad decisions. But sure I would
StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I would!

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Yes.
rugratwrangler
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Yup. Lol.. the sheltered ones usually do.

Quoting smurfbitebug: Yeah, this kid is going to lose her effing mind once she gets a little freedom Haha I'm with you.

Quoting rugratwrangler: Sure. But I would be afraid she would go wild after she gets some freedom and make really bad decisions. But sure I would
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM
We would welcome them.
JohnnysGirl1967
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

My relationship with my brother and sil is finally getting back to normal after I stuck my nose into their son's (my nephew's) business. He liked to play both sides, I got caught in the middle and it ended with my brother & sil not speaking to me for 2 years. With all that being said, I would just advise caution when getting in the middle of a niece/nephew situation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:17 PM
4 moms liked this

no if she doesnt want to do what her mother says and wants to be independent, she can get a job and get her own place to stay.

LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM
A long as she can pull her weight, I'd let her live with me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)