Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's pregnant and I can't be happy for her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
A friend of mine is pregnant. Again. She has two kids already. They survive on government assistance and still need help from their parents. Her husband is a piece of work. He's lazy and won't keep a steady job. She decided to start trying for a baby when I was pregnant and now she just announced she's happily expecting twins.

I just don't get it and I can't help but feel bad for her and her kids because they are barely able to feed themselves. They just went a week with out power. They live in a tiny two bedroom trailer. I just wanna ask her what were you thinking??

And I guess I should admit I'm a little envious she's able to have twins and I didn't have a set like I wanted but again I have 3 happy healthy children and I'm not raising them on assistance.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I do not understand why people have kids when they are on PA
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM
I would ask her, straight out. How are you going to fed two more kids when you can't fed the ones you have now? Or I'd say, now that two babies are coming is your so going to get a job and hold it?
babyblujems
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be happy either.  I have several pregnant friends but I just found out I can't have any more children so that shiny happy feeling I had for them last week has dulled quite a bit.  Anyway if she can't feed or take care of what she has for children then she shouldn't be having any more

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
I seriously want to scream at her. Firstly she knew better. She did. She took her birth control out. Did not replace it. Because she just couldn't stand someone else to be pregnant and have a baby and she didnt. Something she's been doing with me for years and years. I got a car she got the same one I had kids and she ended up pregnant within 6 months of each of my pregnancies I bought a house she bought one. It goes on and on.

And I just can't believe how she's so happy to have 4 kids she can't feed. She lost her electricity for 5 days during the winter with two toddlers in the house. How can you be pleased with yourself? How!!?

Quoting Anonymous: I would ask her, straight out. How are you going to fed two more kids when you can't fed the ones you have now? Or I'd say, now that two babies are coming is your so going to get a job and hold it?
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM
What a sad situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't be friends with people like that. Selfish, stupid, & self made poverty is not something I accept in a friend. Poor kids :/

michelle623
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I feel so bad for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I'd cut ties with her.

Quoting Anonymous: I seriously want to scream at her. Firstly she knew better. She did. She took her birth control out. Did not replace it. Because she just couldn't stand someone else to be pregnant and have a baby and she didnt. Something she's been doing with me for years and years. I got a car she got the same one I had kids and she ended up pregnant within 6 months of each of my pregnancies I bought a house she bought one. It goes on and on.

And I just can't believe how she's so happy to have 4 kids she can't feed. She lost her electricity for 5 days during the winter with two toddlers in the house. How can you be pleased with yourself? How!!?

Quoting Anonymous: I would ask her, straight out. How are you going to fed two more kids when you can't fed the ones you have now? Or I'd say, now that two babies are coming is your so going to get a job and hold it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd call her out, then break ties with her.
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Be thankful for what you DO have and thankful you aren't her, living that stress. Sometimes the things we really want in life wouldn't make us happy in the end. Be happy for her, be happy for you, but choose to be thankful for your single baby :-).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)