Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

My mil wont stop touching my belly. I have asked her numerous times to stop, that I don't like it and don't want to be touched. Her response is "Get over it. That's my grand baby in there." So I say "But its my body, my belly, and I don't want it to be touched". Anyways this is a never ending conversation. She has been doing it since she found out we were expecting. I talked to DH and asked  him to help. All he says is that i need to be firm with her and tell her I don't like it. And also says that she's excited because she wasn't allowed to be involved with her first grand baby (from her daughter). I get that she wants to be involved. But she keeps crossing the line. Its no wonder her daughter didn't want her to involved she takes charge of everything.. For instance I didn't want to pick out names until we find out the gender and she keeps pushing that we do so that she knows what to call the baby. Well last week we were told it was possible a girl but since its so soon the ultrasound tech wasn't 100%. So I figured I would wait until we go in for our next ultrasound in 3 weeks to be sure before we start figuring out a name.. She doesn't like this idea and told me that if I don't give the baby a name she was going to call her Rosalyn (her favorite name) which is a name dh and I both dislike. She also keeps telling me that I have to have this or that (i.e. crib bassinet pacifier) I plan on co sleeping with this baby like I did with my first as well as not using a pacifier nor bottles because i plan on exclusively breastfeeding. I'm just fed up and I don't know what to do.. I can't tell her to stay out of it she lives 5 houses away and she's the only motherly figure i have.. We had a good relationship before this pregnancy but now I'm at my wits end with her.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Girl you gotta grow a pair. I announced I hated being touched with my second. My own mother only felt my bump twice.

And I didn't share the name with any family. I threatened to not share the sex if they didn't leave me alone.

Best thing ever, I was to nice my first pregnancy. So with this one I lay my rules loud and clear - you gotta do what you gotta do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)