Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bipolar?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have an appt Monday but I am wondering how you were dx with bipolar. At age 13 I was told I had borderline personality disorder but all the meds I've taken doesn't work. I have times when I have extreme rage and nothing I do changes these feelings. I also will think about what is bothering me until I get so worked up I have to do something extreme. I was told that Drs don't like dx bipolar at a young age and a lot of symptoms of borderline personality disorder are like bipolar. So if anyone can give me their experiences I would appreciate it. TIA
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I'm bipolar. I was dx'd in my early 20s, about 15 years ago. I'm on SSD for it. I'm on Effexor (antidepressant), seroquel (antipsychotic/mood stabilizer), Ambien (to sleep) and Ativan (anti anxiety). I see my psychiatrist every 2-3 months to manage my meds. I've been hospitalized several times. I'm also a cutter/burner. I have a great husband and great parents to lean on. It's a crazy crazy trip, for sure. You can PM me if you want.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I was diagnosed at 22 when I was hospitalized for a month. I was taking lithium, klonopin, Risperidone, and trazodone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Suprise! Another cafemommer with bipolar!

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I was diagnosed at 14. I was but on every medication you can think of. As an adult I have chosen to manage myself without meds. I still see a doctor and am open to taking meds if my family thinks I should. So far I'm 10 years med free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Oh STFU

Quoting Anonymous:

Suprise! Another cafemommer with bipolar!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous: I'm bipolar. I was dx'd in my early 20s, about 15 years ago. I'm on SSD for it. I'm on Effexor (antidepressant), seroquel (antipsychotic/mood stabilizer), Ambien (to sleep) and Ativan (anti anxiety). I see my psychiatrist every 2-3 months to manage my meds. I've been hospitalized several times. I'm also a cutter/burner. I have a great husband and great parents to lean on. It's a crazy crazy trip, for sure. You can PM me if you want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)