Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hes unsure of a relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I met this guy and we've talked non stop and there is physical attraction on both ends. He's everything I've dreamed of and he says he feels the same way except one issue. Age. He says certain things catch him off guard or makes him feel old. For example when we had a talk about 9/11. He said he heard the news while at work with his brother and I mentioned I was in 5th grade and they let out school early.

I really don't think age means that much. I don't know what to say to him to make him stop worrying and date exclusively
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyH87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM

How much older is he than you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:36 PM
12 yearrs

Quoting EmilyH87:

nerdymom28
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM

My SO is 14 years older than me and it's not an issue for us. If it's an issue for your guy, there may not be much you can do. It's all up to the individuals involved and their personal comfort levels. Some people couldn't get past the age gap, some can.

Bubbie0809
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I don't think age is that big of a deal. My husband and I laugh about the difference all the time. When he got his drivers license I was 8 years old.

If he can't see past your age, he isn't the one.
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:40 PM

My FIL was 22 years older than my MIL

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Is age a big thing to him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM
If you have to try to convince him that the age difference is not a big deal, then I don't think it's worth it, to be honest. That's not a good way to start off a relationship if he is already having doubts.
EmilyH87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM

That's really not that bad, but if it's going to keep him from wanting a relationship when you want one then it might be time to look elsewhere.

Quoting Anonymous: 12 yearrs

Quoting EmilyH87:

CafeMom Tickers
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM
My mom is 10 years older than my dad. I'm 1 year and 3 months older than my SO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I am 41 and this past summer I dated a guy who was 22. It wasn't weird at all.  I was a bit insecrure at first due to age, but once we had been together a week or so, I got over it and neither of us really thought much abt the age difference.

The relationship ended at the end of summer because he moved to Europe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)