Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's just a check, who cares who makes it out?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 38 Replies
Ugh I swear she's just being difficult.

My SO pays 3000 in child support each month, broken down into 2 payments because that's when he gets paid. He used to just give her access to his bank account and she would go pull the money out of his account but we've since opened a joint account and I don't want her to have access to it, she's nosy and will go through his withdrawals and ask him questions about money he spent.

So he gave her a check on the 10th for 1500 and the next paycheck he gets he will be gone at work and won't be back until the 8th of feb if he even comes home in February.

That means I need to mail her a check at least this time but probably twice in feb as well and she's pissed as hell because I will be the one writing her a check and not him.

Really lady? You're going to bitch about that? The other alternatives are to go through the attorney general which means she will have to wait about a week to get her money or she will have to wait until he comes home to get her money.

It's just a check, I'm not going to write anything shitty on it, she really needs to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyH87
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Why don't you just have him write the checks out ahead of time and the just put the date on them before you give them to her? It would keep her from complaining about it at least.

CafeMom Tickers
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM
He should just set it up through the state to have it electronically deposited into her account.
kysmama08
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM

How many kids is the $3000 for, because holy shit?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I was going to say he can write the check out before he goes, it doesnt have to be given to her until time.. I mean its just silly not to just have him do that and stop the drama. JMO

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM

He should really have it set up through the state, all that money he is paying her directly wont be counted if she decides to go for it herself.  Even cancelled checks arent proof.  He will owe back support. 

withsecond
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM
As long as she gets the money, who cares?
I'd be happy just to get my child support. I don't give a shit who writes it out.
Rlmama00
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM
It's a joint account so it's a nonissue. She's just being difficult for the sake if being difficult. Your name is on the account, therefor you can write the dang check.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

With him actually sending her the checks, she feels she still has a hold on him (he has to think of her while writing the check) KWIM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM
3000??? She probably doesnt work
jamamama00
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM
My thoughts exactly! She probably likes that it chaps his ass to have to write that check.

Quoting Anonymous:

With him actually sending her the checks, she feels she still has a hold on him (he has to think of her while writing the check) KWIM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)