Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess she thought she could stay in Dh's hotel room. 0_0

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Dh is in Oklahoma right now to attend his nephews graduation from basic training tomorrow. Today is family day. He called to let me know that while he was waiting on nephew, he heard someone greet him by his name. Dh just retired from the army in 2012 so it's possible that it's someone he knew from some place we were stationed. But no. He said he turned around only to see nephew's gf.

No one was going to attend the graduation other than Dh. No one could/wanted to attend or make the effort. I guess this was her attempt at a surprise and it worked. Nephew had no idea she was coming either. She drove up from Texas for graduation but didn't have the funds to secure a room- so she says. Anyway, dh was upset because he was looking forward to spending time with nephew alone and we don't care for the girl. He flew in yesterday all the way from MD and he was expecting it to be just the two of them. So he told her that she was not invited to go to lunch with them and that it was going to be just him and nephew. I don't know what's going to happen after lunch but I suspect she will be doing her own thing. Dh said she stood there awkwardly and made mention of the fact that she didn't have a room nor the funds to get one and kind of looked him expectantly as if she wanted him to offer for her to stay in his room. She probably expected him to offer to maybe rent her a room as well because he's staying on post and it's convenient. I don't know what she's going to do. But. Oh. The. F*ck. Well. People may say dh is rude but he is not. We've also recently found out that BIL's new wife of 1 year has been discovered to have cheated on him with another soldier (BIL is in the army too) and now a video is all over the internet. Yah, we saw it. All 6 minutes of her trying to orally extract the brain out of another man's penis..... But that's something else entirely. surprise mini...So dh is a little put off by the choices in partners his family members are making.  Especially when they call him and tell him about things. Dh is the fixer in the family. (We all have one that eveybody leans on- that's Dh) What he does not have time for nor tolerate is bullshit, trouble and games. This girl is all of that. And for the record, I'm definitely not ok with her staying in the room at all.

Reason for attitude towards girlfriend:

While nephew is in basic training, she has blown through what little money he has earned and it's not much. Everyone told him not to allow her access to his funds but she does- and spends it. Yes, it's his fault and his business but we don't have to like it.

She got herself a new car- with nephews money. Why did she buy the car? Because the truck that she had been driving (which the inlaws allowed nephew to drive but he left with gf) was totalled in an accident- by her. I don't know why he didn't return the truck. I don't know all the details of the accident but FIL is pissed now because that was his truck and it is now inoperable and she was supposed to get it fixed and didn't. (I have no idea what kind of insurance they have.) Nephew was trying to make arrangements and she eventually said that he and FIL would just have to "get over it". Say what? Also, they aren't married and not even engaged but she has already asked nephew for his GI Bill. She asked over Christmas break while he was home. He hasn't even graduated basic yet and you have your sights on his GI Bill already??! Really? Not that he could give it to her now anyway but what kind of person asks this? I have an idea.....Also, she's been involved with another guy in basic training in another state. We've seen the back and forth on FB- it's there for everyone to see. Ugh. I can't get into it as it's too stupid for me and I really don't care because it's none of my business. But what I do care about is her trying to stay in Dh's room! Who the hell does that??!

Why the hell would you drive all the way to another state without securing decent accommodations? Why would you arrive with little to no funds? Nephew doesn't really have the funds to get her a room as she has spent most of his money and it is also last minute and a graduation weekend. Why would you assume that the uncle would extend an offer for you to stay in his room? This is also the first time they've ever met.

Come to think of it, I don't know how she doesn't have any funds when she has access to nephew's and payday was yesterday. Money has probably been debited for bills she's accrued and gas for travel and anything else. Ugh.

I'm sorry that this was a bit of a read. My fingers were just punching the keys. I just can't believe the nerve of this girl.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I am sorry, I hope your nephew dumps her soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:25 PM

It's her own damn fault for not having planned it well and having the funds to do what she chose to do. What was she going to do if NOBODY showed up to see the nephew? Sleep on the street? Dumb.

I wouldn't want my DH to let her stay in the room, nor let him pay for a room for her either.

Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Nope she would be on her own. Your nephew needs to run far away for this girl and cut off her access to his account.
Hafsa1
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM
If this is the first time they met, how did she know your husband to greet him by first name?
JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I feel bad for your nephew, he is so young and already being bled dry? Does this girl even work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM

He's family. They talk about him at home. Nephew called dh throughout his enlistment process. Any time he had a question- he called.

Quoting Hafsa1: If this is the first time they met, how did she know your husband to greet him by first name?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Exactly and thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's her own damn fault for not having planned it well and having the funds to do what she chose to do. What was she going to do if NOBODY showed up to see the nephew? Sleep on the street? Dumb.

I wouldn't want my DH to let her stay in the room, nor let him pay for a room for her either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Sounds like a mess!
ilovemykids323
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM

wow... kinda sounds like she is just using him. i hope he sees that. and i dont blame your DH for not wanting to share I wouldn't want to either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM

No she does not. On her FB page, she calls herself a "Bridal Consultant" with photos of bridal gowns all over. She definitely has an agenda.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I feel bad for your nephew, he is so young and already being bled dry? Does this girl even work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)