Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FML :/ Did you have to switch your obgyn mid pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My DH's  company switched health insurance companies, well I just found out that my current obgyn and the hospital he delivers at is not covered under the new plan. It sucks because I am 3 1/2 months pregnant and I am comfortable with my obgyn that I've had for years as well as the hospital he delivers at. They are only a mile from my house as well :( I found out that the closest in network provider is a hour and a half away and so is the closest in network hospital. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have two other kids, 4 and 6 :/ This sucks

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:44 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:45 PM

b

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:45 PM

b

blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I did,and personally,I am so glad I did!
Krysta622
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I switched close to 30 weeks. I was much happier with the new practice.
fanciepantz
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Not this pregnancy, i would be sad if I did, this is also the first time i used a midwife it has been a totally different experience and i LOVE it . 

Short_cake88
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I switched because my doc kept me waiting at least an hour, once 2 hrs each appointment. Oh right and he kept hitting on my fiancé. I wanted to switch at 26 weeks and my fiancé convinced me to stay, then at my 30 week he came on to my fiancé in front of me and we switched. My new on was such a godsend
ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Check with your insurance company, they may cover the doctor and hospital since you are already an established OB patient.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I did and tried they said they can't. She talked to her boss and called the doctor I go too and both called me and said they can't :/

Quoting ktwister:

Check with your insurance company, they may cover the doctor and hospital since you are already an established OB patient.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM

No but mine left me when I was 7 months pregnant because he got a new job. First time I cried during that pregnancy. It was embarrassing because I cried the entire appointment and begged him not to leave me. My husband was just sitting there looking at me like the fuck is your problem lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)