Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? About due date ultrasounds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
When you go in only for a due date ultra sound do they generally give you copies of the pics of the baby or do they not give you them until your first trimester ultrasound?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allycally
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Just ask for one they prob give u one
tiniowien
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I only had one ultrasound at 20 weeks I got those pics, now for the friends I have currently pregnant they seem to have pics starting at the first one. If they see the blip of the baby you get pics, 

coopersmommy843
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I got copies every time I had an ultrasound (3,7,10,20, and 39 weeks), I changed doctors after 7 weeks because my GYNO didn't do OB anymore so that's why so many.  Usually the techs know you're excited and they'll print a few extras for you.

cxoxo
by Savannahsmommy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I got pictures from both. Ask beforehand, and I'm sure the ultrasound tech would give you a couple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I just ask and have gotten pictures at every ultrasound.
teapartydiva524
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I got pics everytime we got an ultrasound.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Ok. I wasn't sure if they would if you asked or not. I was given conflicted answers as I was given conflicted answers. My dads bc is coming up before my first trimester us will be given but my due date us is soon. I wanted to give him a copy in a frame as one of his gifts to tell him, but one person told me they NEVER give you the copies that early, and that they generally refuse but then another told me that they always give u copies every us including due date so I was super confused..
luvbugs3
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:28 PM

The olny time they did not give me copies was when I was having a miscarriage. They did not let me see, and then made me wait in the waiting room for an hour to talk to the doctor who then told me that they were not sure I would miscarry or not and that I had to come back in ten days.  The next time I went, they did not give me a copy but showed me the picture of the deteriorated fetus. :0(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Thanks everyone :) I'll be sure to make sure and ask :) Im really excited and thought it'd be a great way to tell my dad for his birthday but was nervous. It was almost like I insulted the one person who told me they never do for dd us. She made me feel really stupid asking her :\
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I am so sorry about your loss :( That's a horrible thing to go through.

Quoting luvbugs3:

The olny time they did not give me copies was when I was having a miscarriage. They did not let me see, and then made me wait in the waiting room for an hour to talk to the doctor who then told me that they were not sure I would miscarry or not and that I had to come back in ten days.  The next time I went, they did not give me a copy but showed me the picture of the deteriorated fetus. :0(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)