Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips and ideas to save money

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
My electricity bill is out of control and I feel like I do everything I can to lower it. I am always unplugging everything and keeping the lights off and it just doesn't seem to help. My gas bill is also ridiculous but I have a feeling it's my heater that's the problem. Are there any other ways I can cut my bill down?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM
I'm a little confused. Do you heat with gas? Stove, water heater, dryer....are they gas?
Peanut0110
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:31 PM
The gas is the heater, stove, water, stuff like that. Electricity is everything else.

Quoting anon71: I'm a little confused. Do you heat with gas? Stove, water heater, dryer....are they gas?
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Hang dry clothes.

Use a toaster oven, crock, foreman, etc to cook instrad of the stove and oven.

Switch bulbs to energy saver.

Set heat back 2 degrees.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fluffball80
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I am right with you.  I know its the house that we are renting since its not well insulated at all.  We can't wait until our lease is up so we can move.  I have even cut back on heat to where I had it set at 58-60 degrees but it didn't help.  We were just freezing even more than what we normally are. 

I wish I had idea for you.

anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Switch out your light bulbs. Limit usage of all things that generate heat....hair appliances, iron, electric blanket, space heaters, etc. If your appliances are older, they can be big energy suckers....even small appliances and tvs. Plasma tvs are bad too. Wash dishes by hand. Clean your refrigerator coils.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Use one light balb from room to room!!
That'll do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)