Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe her..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

my sister has decided to let her children. ages 9 and 6 ride their bikes to and from school everyday by themselves.  The only way to get from their home to their school is on two very busy streets. One is 2 lanes both ways, speed limit 45, the other is 4 lanes both ways speed limit goes from 40-50 depending on where you are. Yes I know there are cross walks and school zones, but still, not everyone pays attention. And my sister is being a lazy dumb ass. She even posted on her facebook that she is doing it , so she won't have to wait in the car lines anymore. banging head into wall

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM
O_O
Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I'm surprised the school would allow that., where my DD goes to school we have very few walkers and the 2 places that do both have crossing guards. We don't live that far from the school but there is a 4 lane road and even though there is a sidewalk from the houses to the crossing area, it is just to busy and unsafe. Maybe call the school anonymously and see what they say.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:15 PM

If it bothers you so much, why dont you give them a ride to and from school everyday?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Quoting thenameshailie:

If it bothers you so much, why dont you give them a ride to and from school everyday?

one, I have my own kids that have to go to school. Two. .They aren't my kids... 3.. Im not allowed to drive, so I had to find safe alternatives for my children

Uhura
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I crossed the highway in middle school, there was a crosswalk, but of course not everyone pays attention. Not everyone pays attention on slower streets. Your point there? None.

It's all up to if the kids can handle it or not. I knew enough to look both ways and make sure I could get across without being hit.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)