Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Increasingly long title to try and grab the readers attention so they'll look at my post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I had an ultrasound done on Tuesday, currently 20 weeks. The baby was in a tight little ball with it's legs crossed so they couldn't see anything. They said since they couldn't see anything they are "pretty sure" it's a girl. They didn't really try looking for a gender, they were more concerned with how everything was growing, which I can understand. As someone with two previous high risk pregnancies I'm concerned with the growing and development as well. The pictures they gave me were of the babies feet, and somewhat of a profile. Usually they give me good pictures but the tech I had just seemed disinterested in everything and kind of rude. So I don't have anything showing if it 'could' be either gender. I didn't see what they look for when they determine a girl though, which is the lines. This has to be one of the more frustrating parts of pregnancy. So what do you all think based just off of what I've said?

I'm holding off on telling people for now. I have another ultrasound scheduled next Thursday so I'm really hoping they can find out then. It's just this has been bugging me for two days now and I'm crazy impatient.

Someone on here said something about placenta location, and since I have no clue what I'm looking for I decided to add some ultrasound pictures.

The first two pictures are from last month, I was 13 weeks and 5 days along.

This next picture is the one from my last appointment on Tuesday, I was 19 weeks and 5 days.

So could someone please point out the location of the placenta, if it's even in one of these pictures. These are all the recent ones I have.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Bumping for some opinions!

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:29 PM

My dd1 had her legs crossed and the cord between them at that. I had a nice tech though and she said she'd been doing it 20+ years and was 90% sure since we couldn't see boy parts from any angle that it was a girl, but not to take the tags off anything pink we bought.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM

They tried but all the angles were still indeterminable. They were in a really weird position through the whole appointment. So stubborn this little one is!

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

My dd1 had her legs crossed and the cord between them at that. I had a nice tech though and she said she'd been doing it 20+ years and was 90% sure since we couldn't see boy parts from any angle that it was a girl, but not to take the tags off anything pink we bought.

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM

They couldn't see the 3 lines on mine from any angle either. She was stubborn too. Hope baby cooperates better for you next week!

Quoting Anonymous:

They tried but all the angles were still indeterminable. They were in a really weird position through the whole appointment. So stubborn this little one is!

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

TheSilence
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM
They told me I was having a girl. Surprise, a boy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Thanks! We hope it does too!

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

They couldn't see the 3 lines on mine from any angle either. She was stubborn too. Hope baby cooperates better for you next week!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM

My sister said the same thing. They thought her son was a girl at first.

Quoting TheSilence: They told me I was having a girl. Surprise, a boy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM
They said my middle was a boy. Bug surprise when i had a little girl.
libramoon007
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Maybe the ultrasound tech was not being mean but more concerned with the development if your baby and doing her job then what sex the baby is. The most important part of the ultrasound is not what between the legs. , 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I know that, I stated that in my post. "They didn't really try looking for a gender, they were more concerned with how everything was growing, which I can understand. As someone with two previous high risk pregnancies I'm concerned with the growing and development as well."

But she was actually a little rude from the start of my appointment, not just in the gender aspect. It honestly seemed like something in her private life may have been bothering her and she was actively trying not to let it get to her. But that's just speculation. I have no clue why she was acting the way she was.

Quoting libramoon007:

Maybe the ultrasound tech was not being mean but more concerned with the development if your baby and doing her job then what sex the baby is. The most important part of the ultrasound is not what between the legs. , 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)