Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tired of the fat shaming

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
4 moms liked this

Ladies everyone can be beautiful in our own ways . . . Fat, thin, athletic, tall, short, white, black or purple . . . I'm so tired of women both online and irl who's only goal is to tear each other apart because of a physical attribute whether controllable or not . . .

I pose a question: How can we as women, wives, mothers, whatever expect to be repected equally in the world if we are to dense to respect each other??

I'm beautiful . . . I'm a big girl - 5'7" and 216lbs . . . I'm a mom and a wife . . . I'm a coach and an athlete myself . . . The only thing I hate about myself is my lungs, I want them to function correctly again, but am realistic to know that will never happen . . . do I love being big, no, but my desire to lose weight for my health will not control me . . . I embrace myself flaws and all and we each need to do that . . .

I know many of you have seen my pics around, but here I am, my fat, tomboyish self and I love me ! ! !

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM

too dense***

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM

You're beautiful!

svolkov
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I don't find fat beautiful. The person can be. But fat isnt healthy. Healthy is attractive. Could be thin or bigger.
Bubbie0809
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I love this, I think beauty comes in all sizes and no one should be made to feel bad because they are not some "ideal" size.  There is no telling what is going on on the inside or how they struggle. I have been trying to lose weight, not so I can look better, I think I look fine.

But so I can be healthier for my family. 

I think you are beautiful.

missmeli77
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
You don't look fat to me!
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I totally agree OP. It's not what we look like on the outside that should matter. It's what's on the inside that truly matters.

I am not going to deny that I'm heavy set. I've been lectured about my weight. But as I've told those that are harsh about it... I am me. If you don't accept me as I am then obviously our friendship isn't meant to be.

BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Well I'm hot healthy fat or thin . . . at my most fit I still had one lung that about half dead . . . so regardless I can't find myself beautiful ? ? ? the point is so many people are disgusted by other people's looks that women loose any confidence in themselves . . . don't find fat beautiful thats fine, but the woman can still be beautiful mind, body or soul . . . I can't comprehend how people focus so hard on everyone around thems' negative attribute . . . It has to be a confidence thing i guess . . .

Quoting svolkov: I don't find fat beautiful. The person can be. But fat isnt healthy. Healthy is attractive. Could be thin or bigger.

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I can find something beautiful about anyone. Some ppl will always have ugly personalities , just feel sorry for them.
boltofblue
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
You are gorgeous. Bravo.
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Wow, you're my height but are 100lbs heavier and I would have never guessed! You carry your weight well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)