Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Did It

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Well, my boyfriend is a jerk. He treats me like crap and I'm tired of being yelled at and insulted on a constant daily basis. The problem is that I can't afford to move out because I simply don't make enough money right now. Let me emphasize that when I say yelled at, I mean at the top of his lungs to the point where I'm cringing. He throws things, breaks things slams doors, yells at me and my daughter.

I called a shelter today to see if they could help. I'm really wondering if this is the right thing to do.

Has anyone left a bad relationship and had to practically start over from a shelter?
I'm terrified.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM

BUMP!

JackieGirl007
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I have left a bad relationship and moved into a low income apartment until I could get on my feet. I'd rather live in a box on the street than let some man abuse me or my children. You got this mama!

Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I have not been in that situation but you should get out at as soon as possible he is not going to change and its unhealthy for you and your daughter. I would look for a shelter and then look for affordable housing. Good luck

larissalarie
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I've never been in that situation, but leaving and asking for help sounds like the right decision. I wish you the best and hope this is the start of a better future for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Well, I contacted the shelter today but I don't make enough to find affordable housing right now.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

I have not been in that situation but you should get out at as soon as possible he is not going to change and its unhealthy for you and your daughter. I would look for a shelter and then look for affordable housing. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:58 PM

BUMP!

maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Tell him to gtfo!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I've tried that over and over and over again. He refuses to leave and since he's on the lease I haven't been successful in getting him to go.

Quoting maliksmama2:

Tell him to gtfo!

LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Is the lease in your name or his? Cause if it is in yours, then you need to kick his ass out and get the landlord to change the locks
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I've been in the same situation.. Call the police. That's what I did. The next day I spoke to my landlord who changed the locks and took him off the lease. Is your landlord understanding? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried that over and over and over again. He refuses to leave and since he's on the lease I haven't been successful in getting him to go.

Quoting maliksmama2:

Tell him to gtfo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)