Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biggest fibroid EVER!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
A friend of mine had a historectomy b/c of a huge fibroid. I mean that thing was the size of a baby.

I'm afraid b/c I have them too but don't want surgery. Anyone have these Disgusting tumors?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Bump

Quoting Anonymous: A friend of mine had a historectomy b/c of a huge fibroid. I mean that thing was the size of a baby.

I'm afraid b/c I have them too but don't want surgery. Anyone have these Disgusting tumors?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Bump
wagners7
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I had one when I was pregnant and mine just sort of went away.  I have had others that just come and go depending on my cycle, they told me at the time that unless it was larger than 5cm they wouldn't remove it.  But the next ultrasound it had shrunk, so it was not an issue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Did you do anything different i.e diet to make them shrink?

Quoting wagners7:

I had one when I was pregnant and mine just sort of went away.  I have had others that just come and go depending on my cycle, they told me at the time that unless it was larger than 5cm they wouldn't remove it.  But the next ultrasound it had shrunk, so it was not an issue. 

wagners7
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope....I was told some people are just more fibrous than others and that hormonally it depends on the time of your cycle.  The particular one and the reason I even when in to the doctor was because I had been on my cycle for over 28 days or something.  They did and ultrasound and found it, and rescheduled another one in 2 weeks or so and it had already shrunk and my period returned to normal.  The one the found during pregnancy was on my first ultrasound and as the baby got bigger, the fibroid got smaller until eventually it was gone. 

Quoting Anonymous: Did you do anything different i.e diet to make them shrink?

Quoting wagners7:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)