Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a bad mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

When I go to lay the baby down for her nap...she nurses.  I let my older kids watch tv (ages 6 and 7).  If I lie her down by herself she will only sleep an hour or so.  If i lie down with her, she will sleep about 3.  Does this make me a bad  mommy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
You are a horrible mom. Be ashamed.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Wait so you sleep for 3 hours during the day and your other kids are unattended?
firespurity
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM
You leave a six and seven year old unattended for three hours?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM

No they are one wall away.  I can hear them.  I am not asleep but I do lie down with her.

yperez0209
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:13 PM
You know your kiddos. Some kids will hang out and for the most part can be a wall away, others you can't leave alone. I do think three hrs is a bit much but it's your home.
LadyBugMom09
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I just think that's too much TV for them. Sorry. Are they homeschooled?
suzanneyea
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

IQuoting Anonymous:

No they are one wall away.  I can hear them.  I am not asleep but I do lie down with her.

I lie down when my toddler naps.if I leave, he wakes up. Why do you think I post here so much.? I am trapped with a napping kid!

Perle1
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I wouldn't let my kids watch 3 hours of TV. That's way too much for my kid. At that age he was allowed one hour of media time per day. I was strict about that. I relaxed the time restriction as he got older. I don't think it's a good trade off to get the baby to nap. I would nap less and more frequently if she seems tired, or put the baby to bed earlier. Kids need to be active. Not sitting for 3 hour stretches.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM

just lie with her until she is out and then slide her off and into her crib, etc.  What I did was put my sleep shirt as like the her little sheet or blanket so she had Mommy scent for comfort and that worked really well but then she started stealing all of my sleeping shirts even if I was still wearing them!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)