Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is the worst pain I've ever felt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

When I was 15, I told my parents about my brother raping me. They never said or did anything, so I didn't ask. I felt shameful just talking about it. I grew to hate my parents for their, what I thought was, apathy.

my 20 year old sister and I were. Having an argument recently about how I don't like our parents. I told her that they acted like they didn't even care that their child was raped at the hands of another child of theirs. She yelled "because they didn't believe you!"

this knowledge hurts much worse than thinking they didn't care or even being raped.

what kind of parents are like that?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Linda92silva
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Awww :( *hugs* 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:25 PM

hugs mama. I can not imagine the pain you are dealing with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Them not believing means they didn't care enough to investigate. I would hold a grudge as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:27 PM
*hugs* Sorry.
norwgnwood
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Unfortunately lots of parents are like that. I'm sorry. And your sister is shitty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda.lyn
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Wow, that's horrible. Sorry. :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Mine. :(
Moonbabylove
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I am so sorry momma! You are right to not like them. They failed you as parents. I hope you find more loving and caring people in your life than them.
yperez0209
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I'm so sorry. Something similar happened to me and I've carried that suffering as well. But I've learned to forgive my mother because it has to be terrible to be in a state of mind where you blame a child for abuse... thats what she did. I'm tired of hating her and by allowing forgiveness her actions don't hurt me anymore. It's no longer important that they don't believe you, that's something they will have to answer for. ((Hugs))....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)