Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just got a phone call from BM SD apparently had an overdose *she woke up*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

So bm has always been the "friend parent". Lets sd "be herself, and learn through living". Dh fought for custody when problems started at 13, but SD said no I want to live with my mom. So we only had EOW , school holidays.

Well her 15th birthday is today, she went to friends "kick back" in her honor , and 911 had to be called when she overdosed. Its unknown on what, waiting for a toxology report. They pumoed her stomach and shes still unconscious, but breathing on her own. Im in the waiting room since I am sure some will bitch that am on here. ITs unknown as of right now, my oldest dd 18 is watching our youngest 4&2. Im here to support dh. But im pissed, bm said she thought they might drink bht never thought of drugs. Shes 15 today but drinking wouldve been ok?

im probably just stressed and looking to place blame, but damn it. Who knows what this means, and I dont want to stress dh with my rambling.

update. 1

cps and pd just left. Bm admitted dropping SD off at the "kickback", said "she said she might drink alcohol, like kids do, but (name) was to call me to get a ride home and no later than 10pm"

Cps and pd are involved due to her age. She still hasn't woken is been 4 hours as of rght now that shes been in the hospital.

My DD has to work, so I have to go home to my younger kids.

I will update if anything happens .

*Update 2*

She woke up, but is weak, and having problems speaking, Bm is being investigated due to taking her to the party knowing her daughter would be drinking. Its also coming out that BM gave her a gallon of Vodka for a party present.. Ya real great. 

DH is taking emergnancy leave from work to be by her side. CPS is going to be investigating both households. DH has already contacted our lawyer who is talk with cps as well to show all we have on record that she has done in the past, when we last filed for custody. We will also be filing yet again. 

The police are checking the house this party happened at, turns out it was a parent in the home that called on SD passing out and not reponding, its also come to light that she stopped breathing in the ambulance. They are investigating BM even though she confessed to everything, and SD may get in trouble for underage drinking.  

My mother is flying in tomorrow to help with the younger kids, and my DD has offered to help as well. But she works and is in college so I dont want to overload her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Jeez. Sorry mama:/ my niece died of an overdose at 20, 3 years back. Her parents were "friends" as well:(
LectioDivina
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM

(((Hugs))))

This is the time the problems start happening.

Be strong for the next four years and know it will get better...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:37 PM

my mom thought me drinking at 15 was okay too, to the point where she provided the alcohol and the location for a few bashes that the entire school was invited to.  she did me no favors by raising me to think that was appropriate, and that binge drinking was okay too.  it took me years of watching other people behave to figure out what was truly socially acceptable and what was only my mom's skewed belief.

I hope your SD pulls through okay and that there is no long term physical or mental damage.  I do think there needs to be some therapy here, and maybe it's time to consult an attorney.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Update

She od on oxytocin(sp?) & to much alchol. So fair she is still unconscious, and the are not sure if she suffered any brain damage. The police and cps are here now.
darcibeisheim
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I hope she gets better. Did they give her any meds to counteract the OxyContin?
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:37 PM
How awful. :( I hope there is no permanent damage.
HisMrs2011
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Oh yikes ! Sorry love you are having to.experience this . I hope she comes out ok and a bit smarter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckythreemom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Hope everything turns out ok. Prayers for your family
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM

bump for update..

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM

OxyContin not oxytocin right? I hope she is ok.

Quoting Anonymous: Update

She od on oxytocin(sp?) & to much alchol. So fair she is still unconscious, and the are not sure if she suffered any brain damage. The police and cps are here now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)