Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting for an ambulance. *TMI* *update* *another update*

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

*If I don't respond, obviously it's because the paramedics arrived.

So a little while ago some of you may remember I was in hospital because my stomach was bleeding.  I got that sorted was discharged and haven't had much issue with it since.  I thought all was well.

Just a little while ago, I got a stomach cramp and ran to the bathroom.  After I was done was I thought was very loose stools, I looked in the toilet and it was filled with not stool, but blood.  A lot of it.

I called my sister she is meeting me at the er, I am taking ds with me in ambulance. 

I am scared.  And yes, I am on cm because I am trying to stay calm while I wait and not freak out.

Update

Thank you all for the nice thoughts.  I'm being admitted :(  I hope ds is ok.  He doesn't deal well with change.  

So I had some tests done, the doctor said all the problems I've been having are connected (the dental issues, the chest pains, the past issue with my stomach bleeding).  They think I have peptic ulcers.  So I get to stay until that can be confirmed and then why I have them.  They think it may be related to chronic ibuprofin overdose (which is what sent me to the hospital before).  I heard the doctor mention "cancer screen" to the nurse :/  That's unnerving...  

I am really worried about ds.  I know he doesn't deal with change in routine well.  

I hope I get  a room soon.  

Update #2

Ok, a quasi-update.  Gawd this place is boring.  The doctor said they have some more testing to do, they are screening for cancer as a precaution, but he stressed it was a precaution and I shouldn't worry.  Not sure if I believe him lol.  Most of the work can be followed up by my family doctor, so I am basically here for observation and cancer screening.  

I did have the other tests done...  I would not like to speak of what was done O.0  They confirmed it is peptic uclers and are looking for a cause.  

Bleeding stopped.  So, I can go home before the weekend is out I hope *fingers crossed*.  DS did well and my nephew is bringing him to come see me after he picks him up from school.  I am looking forward to it.  3 more hours.  This place is lonely and I miss ds.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyMom24
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM
How scary! Hope you're ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Try and stay calm. Hope you get better soon
MLB30
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Wishing you luck sending prayers! 

katiegirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Hope you're ok. Update after they find out.
LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I really hope you're okay

imakehimscream
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I hope you are okay
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Keep us updated

Do they know what caused the bleeding?
momma219
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Oh my gosh hope you are ok!!!
kitty8199
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM
It's lower GO tract this time if it's obvious blood. You need a good gastroenterologist. Keep us updated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Breathe and try to relax. Freaking out won't bring the paramedics any sooner, I hope you'll be Ok. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)