Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 year old is out of control!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

My DS is out of control. Which is insane, he has always been the sweetest of my kids. Last night was just the last straw. We got into an argument because he keeps leaving messes everywhere, and when I tell him to clean it, he ignores me and leaves. So I end up cleaning it. I work 40 hours a week as a laborer on a farm, and I do all the household chores, grocery shopping and cooking dinner. I'm exhausted. (I ask for help but both sons ignore me, and DH isn't home)

Anyways, last night he left his clothes I cleaned on the landing and was heading out the door. I stopped him and told him to get his clothes, fold them and put them away. He tries to push past me. I said, "No, pick them up."

He looks right at me and says, "Why can't your lazy ass do it?"

I litterally exploded, screaming and yelling, I took his iphone, tablet, xbox and tv. He just sat there yelling back at me and calling me names. I told him he couldn't leave, but he pushed me and left. 

So I refused to cook dinner last night, or do the dishes. DH came home, and was pissed at DS. They had words, DH told him to straighten up or get out, (which it's illegal to kick out a kid before 18 here) and that until he could respect me he was on his own as far as cooking.

I cried myself to sleep last night, I feel so useless and like a terrible mother.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GleekingOut
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Could he be on drugs? Drinking? Trouble in school? Sit him down and talk to him. But if he was mine, the next time he layed a hand on me the police would be called.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM

don't blame yourself. My teenager has had issues and a serious attitude problem.    I do agree with talking about it.  My dd also sees a counselor because trying to deal with it on my own did not work.  You're not alone .  The teen years are really tough.

LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I'd drug test him. Especially if this behavior is out of the norm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)