Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

choosing pussy over your own kid...yup, your a winner

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 47 Replies

About a month ago my ds' s dad told me that he wanted to break up with his gf but wanted to know how I thought ds would react. I said he would be fine but was uneasy with ds going over because I didn't know if he was gonna do it with ds there. Ds came home and evrything was fine (she was in the truck when ds was droped off) I let things go.

Well tonight he texted me that he was gonna pick up ds saturday night to spend the night so I asked of he ever broke up with her because I'd prefer it if she wasn't around him due to his relatioship obviously not going so well. He said no. I told him he came up to me and opened that door and we had an oral agreement thay we would respect each others wishes when it came to ds. He said she's good to him and ds and he was sorry. I then told him I don't trust her and I see where he stands.

I feel like he's choosing pussy over ds. He himself has told me she's a little crazy and stupid. I have never asked about her first, he has always just offered this info and then ill question things.

(Back story: ds' s dad has been in an on again off again relationship with this girl for a few years. I'm not too sure how long they have been together but ds is 6 and his dad has only been in his life for almost 2 whole years. According to him its a rocky relationship, they have no kids and she doesn't have any at all (if that matters) idk how old she is but I would say she's 24 at the oldest and we are both 30. I have tried in the past to be friendly with her. But he himself comes up to me and says she's jealous of us getting along and doesnt like me. )

Am I over reacting? Or not seeing the whole pic? Or just not underatanding things at all??? Any advice other than to not ask questions. I really do try not get involved in his business but he just offers it up. I even try not to talk to him about anything but ds!
UPDATE:
I only care because I don't want my son growing attached to her if his dad doesn't plan on her being a permanent fixture in ds' s life.

Sorry for any typos or mispunctuation. I'm on my phone

UPDATE: for everyone who keeps saying just mind my own business i truly am trying. and for everyone questioning him being selfish and me not knowing enough about her i will wll you what i have been trying not to think about . ds's dad is on probation for his second DWI, and has his dl revoked which is why i do allow ds to go over and according to reliable and unreliable sources gf's family is the unsavory kind: parties too much and is into drugs. idk what kind of drugs tho..maybe i should change the title of the post to:im a jealous bitch

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Sounds like you still have a thing for him and maybe hope they break up?
abuckalew
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Uh, no. I'm married with 2 dds after ds. I just don't want to come off as a bitch in the post.

Quoting Anonymous: Sounds like you still have a thing for him and maybe hope they break up?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I think you are overreacting and a bit jealous.
KreatingMe
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Do you have a good reason to not want her to be around your son? I'm asking because it doesn't sound like you do but maybe you really do. If you don't it's really not reasonable to not want her around your son. Is she alone with him or is his dad home with him?

-Legs-
by ShaDooBie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM
I. Um.

Good night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM
ugh.
j3st3r
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I think you're overreacting. He's a big boy & doesn't need your permission to date.
lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe you should stop having such personal conversations with your ex.  Especially if you're happily married and have moved on.  It will spare you both unnecessary worry.

Yes, I think you're overreacting unless you have information that you left out.  It does sound like you're jealous.

abuckalew
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I don't really know her except the things he's told me. I tried being friends with her but from what I understand it was a waste of my time because she doesn't like me. And I don't think my son needs to grow attached to her if she's not a permamnet fixture.

Quoting KreatingMe:

Do you have a good reason to not want her to be around your son? I'm asking because it doesn't sound like you do but maybe you really do. If you don't it's really not reasonable to not want her around your son. Is she alone with him or is his dad home with him?

SaraA1989
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I don't see how he's choosing anything G over him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)