Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

odor while ovulation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I know you're not doctors and I am not looking for a diagnosis.

However, I need advice.

I begin ovulating about three days after my period ends and the last few months I have noticed that I get a strong odor. It's not horrifying or fishy, but it isn't pleasant. And yes. I shower every day.

I'm making a Dr appointment tomorrow morning, but I just thought that I would ask other women to see if I'm having a real issue

Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Should I change the title to "my puss is stank?" Hahahahaha
mysticmom90
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

do you use tampons? it is you PH...use that V soap it helps sooooo much. during ovulation your ph changes causing a different fragrance, tampons make it worse because they change ph levels so badly it can take over 30days to go back to normal. unless you have a yeast or bacterial infection then you should be ok

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I do, actually. Does that soap really help? I'm terrified of creating a fishy smell. Haha

Quoting mysticmom90:

do you use tampons? it is you PH...use that V soap it helps sooooo much. during ovulation your ph changes causing a different fragrance, tampons make it worse because they change ph levels so badly it can take over 30days to go back to normal. unless you have a yeast or bacterial infection then you should be ok

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

lemisol is a women's wash that is stronger than other washes, you should look into it.

mysticmom90
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

yea i'd stop using tampons, that strong odor is your body telling you to stop shoving chemicals up your vag lol

yes it neutralizes the odor so there isn't a smell at all. try using a diva cup, if you are TTC staying away from tampons is a good idea anyway.

fyi i had this problem a couple years ago....did alot of trial/error/research.

Quoting Anonymous: I do, actually. Does that soap really help? I'm terrified of creating a fishy smell. Haha

Quoting mysticmom90:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Grateful for this post, because I have the same issue.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

my smell gets stronger during ovulation, but it's not unpleasant or stinky.  just a little stronger.

if yours is really offensive, i would check with a doctor.  you may have a ph imbalance or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)