Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first labor and delivry experience was so out of control....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

That I am freaking out about my second....

I remember going to the hospital because my water broke....
They said that they think I misunderstood and I pee'd myself instead but they did the test and surely enough...
THEN they gave me pitocin.... Which I didn't want... and from my moms experience I was dilating fast enough on my own I shouldn't have needed it... But it was my first baby, so I was letting doctors and nurses walk all over me... which was my fault... But PITOCIN will NOT  happen this time... Unless I truly have to... I plan on reading up on it to see when and when should I not be given pitocin.... Then the anthesiologist messed up 3 TIMES on my epidural and was going to go for fourth but was I refused FUCK THAT! So I felt it all and I was really planning on not to, or well not like that anyway... I told them something felt wrong and they wouldn't listen but something did.... I then couldnt stop puking long enough to push... I finally pushed 15 minutes into pushing my son was born... Not breathing! I told them something just felt wrong! Finally they got him stabalized! THANK GOD! I was frozen from when he came out to when cried... Then I bursted into tears! FINALLY I got to hold him.... But when I looked on the floor, I bled so much there was a puddle of blood... I bled a little to much....

I just want a more calm situation this time!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

It might help to read up and make a birth plan.    Preparation is good!

Water breaking doesn't mean labor, so you don't have to force it.   Sounds like the interventions may be at fault for some of the issues.

Do you want to use midwives?    What about a different setting?
Who we hire for our care (and where we go)  can be our greatest risk factors.  :-(

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I have a doctor and then there are two midvives who will deliver if the doctor is unavailible... I love all of them... My first time I had midvives, but a random doctor became my doctor... I was 16 so I don't really know why....

I'm just paranoid lol.
I'm more paranoid now as a 23 year old with a planned baby then I was at 16!
Makes no sense!

Quoting doulala:

Hugs!

Water breaking doesn't mean labor, so you don't have to force it.   Sounds like the interventions may be at fault for some of the issues.

Who we hire for our care (and where we go)  can be our greatest risk factors.  :-(

abrine7673
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Mine wasn't as bad. But it was definitely not my wishes being followed. I think because I was 17 but looked 14 that they thought they could walk all over me. Well not this time. I'm only 17 weeks and already have a birthplan started.
This time things will be done my way.
doulala
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

You might be interested in not using the medical model of care though--   worth looking into!   ;-)
Those midwives may have to mostly follow that model over the midwifery model of care as is the norm in hospitals.    

You had broken water, but what about any problems or complications?     We can leak for a long time before it's Labor Time.  You can avoid bad experiences in the future by learning when you want to intervene-why.      
Your story sounds more common (for hospital birthing), but not normal at all for other settings.   The kind of care (and satisfaction usually) are really different.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a doctor and then there are two midvives who will deliver if the doctor is unavailible... I love all of them... My first time I had midvives, but a random doctor became my doctor... I was 16 so I don't really know why....

I'm just paranoid lol.
I'm more paranoid now as a 23 year old with a planned baby then I was at 16!
Makes no sense!

Quoting doulala:

Hugs!

If you don't know your options, you don't have any.           ~Korte & Scaer

Mothers need to know that their care and their choices won't be compromised by birth politics.                                                                                            ~Jennifer Rosenberg

Midwives see birth as a miracle and only mess with it if there's a problem;
doctors see birth as a problem and if they don't mess with it, it's a miracle!     
~Barbara Harper

doulala
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Quoting abrine7673: Mine wasn't as bad. But it was definitely not my wishes being followed. I think because I was 17 but looked 14 that they thought they could walk all over me. Well not this time. I'm only 17 weeks and already have a birthplan started.

Cute avatar pic!!     :-)

Are you interviewing different care providers & settings to find a good fit for you?    Do you have help/doula?

abrine7673
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I found my care provider. And I think it will be fine. Last time my midwife left for a job 300 miles away 2 weeks before I was due so I had a doctor I had never met except once when my midwife told me she was leaving and I hadn't known I could do the walk through or any of that before going in. Now I know my rights about being induced, medicated, and getting my baby.

I am pretty sure that the doctor and nurses thought I was giving my dd up for adoption or were hoping I was.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting abrine7673: Mine wasn't as bad. But it was definitely not my wishes being followed. I think because I was 17 but looked 14 that they thought they could walk all over me. Well not this time. I'm only 17 weeks and already have a birthplan started.

Cute avatar pic!!     :-)

Are you interviewing different care providers & settings to find a good fit for you?    Do you have help/doula?

teaandcookies
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Ok no one jump down my freaking throut for this.  but ladies we should remember that a lobour plan is just that, a plan.  The only real thing that matter is coming out healthy and with a healthy child.  

Both my kids had to be induced, both times I needed 2 epi, both times €I bleed and clotted all over the floor, both times they wanted to give me blood, both times i refused, both times my children cam out and went breathing.

Thats was just my experiances, nothing they did wrong, its just wht happened

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I slept through my first!  They had to slap my thigh to wake me up to push.  I was literally snoring through it.  I had to get a recap from my Mother and hubby as to what went on.  My second I was awake and luckily took a poop just before she was born but I did spray blood on them, the doc was massaging my uterus to get it to contract and they rushed pitocin in me to again try to reduce the blood loss.  They said nothing to me but I could hear the urgency in the room.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM
We are all entitled to our feelings.

Quoting teaandcookies:

Ok no one jump down my freaking throut for this.  but ladies we should remember that a lobour plan is just that, a plan.  The only real thing that matter is coming out healthy and with a healthy child.  

Both my kids had to be induced, both times I needed 2 epi, both times €I bleed and clotted all over the floor, both times they wanted to give me blood, both times i refused, both times my children cam out and went breathing.

Thats was just my experiances, nothing they did wrong, its just wht happened

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cwahtomy
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:17 AM
The only problem I had was the doc who delivered me...he was an ass. I hope you have a better experience this time around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)