Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

about to take on a second job...bash worthy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
And that means ill be working 7 days a week. My dd will spend m-f in daycare and the weekends with different grand parents and her aunt and godmother. M-th ill be working either 6a-2p, 2p-10p, or 10p-6a. Friday will be 1p-8p. Saturday will be 9a-8p. Sunday will be 9a-5p.

Dh isn't happy about this but I think it will be a nice break from sahm duty, which I hate. She goes to school in the fall. I've been a sahm since she was born.

So am I a bad mom for working 7 days a week?

Edit to add: I'm not just working to avoid sahm duty, I'm trying to get off PA, and get my kids a better home. We live in a ghetto ass house right now bc its all we can afford.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
honeyrder
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I think it's fine to work, but I think you are going to be exhausted.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Do what you gotta do. You're gonna be all kinds of exhausted though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm already exhausted. That's the point in going to work. Lol.

Quoting honeyrder:

I think it's fine to work, but I think you are going to be exhausted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I'm already exhausted. That's the point in going to work.lol.

Quoting caustinb: Do what you gotta do. You're gonna be all kinds of exhausted though.
BlueKWoz
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this

You are not a bad mom for working 7 days a week, but I am not sure you are being honest with yourself about what a strain it will be on you.  No matter how burned out you are about being a sahm and I am not saying you need to continue to be a sahm, you will struggle with trying to balance it.  Your daughter may regress, may get angry (which is not a reason to quit), your husband could get resentful about the extra burden that is placed on him.  

You just need to remember that there will be consequences to working 7 days a week, both good and bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I work 7 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off and back to 7. It's exhausting, stressful and just sucks.i have no choice with my schedule, and I have to work. Those 7 days kill me and stress my entire family.
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Im hating working full time. I miss my family but I dont miss the effing household chores!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Do what you gotta do. I work 5 days a week and can't wait for the weekend. I can't imagine not having the weekend to look forward too.
j3st3r
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Do you need to work that much ?
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

does your dh work on the weekends too?  i'm just wondering why she can't stay home with dad rather than go to grandmas?

i worked like that for a very short time.  i was young and a lot more energy than i do now :) 

do what you gotta do, mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)