Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

R U RLY THAT DUM

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ahhh!!!! I have been craving spicy stuff like you wouldn't believe. And I ate a bunch of doritos jacked and had some red hot on my noodles for lunch. And the Doritos I have been snacking on all day. Well my tongue had been hurting this evening so I go look at it in the mirror.....
I have a dang blister on my tongue. Oh and my lips are raw as well.

When will I learn? Lol
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM
That stuff is not spicy enough to blister your tongue.
abrine7673
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Apparently it is. I haven't had anything else spicy.

Quoting ivegotrhythm: That stuff is not spicy enough to blister your tongue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Not hot enough to blister, per se, but certainly the ingredients they use in cheap "spicy" meals are enough to irritate if you are sensitive to that kind of thing.

OP, I know the feeling! I have had the worst cravings for hot Cheetos and Takis chips and omg, my lips will be so irritated afterwards! All in moderation lol, all in moderation...

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Maybe it's something else?

Quoting abrine7673: Apparently it is. I haven't had anything else spicy.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Vinegar and salt chips will get my mouth and tongue so raw...ugghh. And anything tart and artificially fruit flavored will make my tongue so sore and get spots where the taste buds are raw, too.

I think some people's mouths are just really sensitive. When I was little, the doc said it was "geographic tongue" and it was hereditary.
abrine7673
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Yes. Moderation is easy to say. And I did good. I only had a handful of chips at a time. It just happened about 10 times. Lol.

Maybe that's what it is is just from irritation. But it sucks. It hurts and eating or drinking anything makes it sting.

Quoting Anonymous: Not hot enough to blister, per se, but certainly the ingredients they use in cheap "spicy" meals are enough to irritate if you are sensitive to that kind of thing.

OP, I know the feeling! I have had the worst cravings for hot Cheetos and Takis chips and omg, my lips will be so irritated afterwards! All in moderation lol, all in moderation...

abrine7673
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Geographic tongue sounds so cool lol

Quoting TrouserMouse: Vinegar and salt chips will get my mouth and tongue so raw...ugghh. And anything tart and artificially fruit flavored will make my tongue so sore and get spots where the taste buds are raw, too.

I think some people's mouths are just really sensitive. When I was little, the doc said it was "geographic tongue" and it was hereditary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)