Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were building your dream home...? (Pic added)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

If you were Building a home, would you make it a ranch or 2 story?

we have young kids (ages 4 & 8 mo) and plan on having 1 more...if it were a 2 story I would like 3 bedrooms upstairs for the kids and the master downstairs...but then were to far from the kids,

If we make the master and 3other bedrooms up stairs, our square footage downstairs would be way bigger than needed,

a ranch would be perfect! Everything's on one floor. There's a "bonus" room upstairs takes place as an attic, which we would finish which would be our theater room. There are stairs going up to that, not a ladder :)

there would also be a full basement...there will be no bedrooms in the basement!

what would you do???? Here is our favorite so far! There would be a few little changes to the main living area...

the exterior of the house will look different. We will make it look like a craftsman home :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
risaspieces
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Out of those two options I'd prefer ranch.

I really want a berm house though.
yperez0209
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely a ranch. It's hard to be going up and down a flight of stairs when I'm pregnant. I much rather have the bedrooms on the same floor. So I would like 4 to 5 bedrooms, at least one and half bath. Two dryers, it takes much longer to dry then to wash. Two dishwashers, two ovens. No carpets. Fenced in yard... no swimming pool. BTW I have six kiddos, so we kind of need the space. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Ranch with a nice, big basement!
Vmiller2008
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Two story with an elevator.
crazymom21
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Castle, dh promised and I'm holding him to it.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM

If I build a home, it will be my forever home and they will be dragging my dead carcass out of it.  With that said, I would have all one floor with maybe a FROG for a theater set up.

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
2 story, possibly 3.
SexyBurlapSack
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Ranch. Stairs are my mortal enemy.

o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Ranch. Stairs and I are not friends...
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Beach cottage ... two bedroom with a home office/library and a breath-taking view of the ocean off the master. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)