Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salt Lake City!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'll be in training there for a week next month- what's there to do while I'm in town?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM
I had to go for a work trip. Beautiful city. But I ordered wine at a restaurant and literally everyone was staring at me!!
o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I've heard that there isn't a dense population of Mormons there because its such a large, industrialized city now?
I'm sorry if that came out as insulting to anyone.

Quoting Anonymous: I had to go for a work trip. Beautiful city. But I ordered wine at a restaurant and literally everyone was staring at me!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM
It's not so much in salt lake, but there are a gazillion mormons in Utah county. If you don't feel like being judged stay far away.

Anyways, what do you like to do so I can give better suggestions.

Quoting o.O....: I've heard that there isn't a dense population of Mormons there because its such a large, industrialized city now?

Quoting Anonymous: I had to go for a work trip. Beautiful city. But I ordered wine at a restaurant and literally everyone was staring at me!!
o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I like touristy stuff- exhibits, shows, places or things that are unique to the city. Shopping, music, idk- I'm pretty open to anything.

Quoting Anonymous: It's not so much in salt lake, but there are a gazillion mormons in Utah county. If you don't feel like being judged stay far away.

Quoting o.O....: I've heard that there isn't a dense population of Mormons there because its such a large, industrialized city now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Then downtown salt lake is where you want to be. The gateway and city creek malls are pretty cool, you should go to temple square (you can't tour the temple inside but the building is beautiful).

Honestly, there is much more to do during summer, winter is lame in SL,UT.

Hehe.

Quoting o.O....: I like touristy stuff- exhibits, shows, places or things that are unique to the city. Shopping, music, idk- I'm pretty open to anything.

Quoting Anonymous: It's not so much in salt lake, but there are a gazillion mormons in Utah county. If you don't feel like being judged stay far away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)