Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously?? Have Your kid ready when the bus gets there!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 266 Replies
6 moms liked this

So, i encountered a bus stopped on the road this morning, red lights flashing, stopping up traffic with NO kid in sight...after sitting there for a minute or so, the  little bastard comes outta his house lollygagging, jumping around and screwing off while mom stood there in the doorway in her nightgown, waving..meanwhile her snowflake has to cross the road, and get on the bus..while doing so, he decides to 'dance' across the street, then make faces at the kids in the bus, all before finally getting on the bus, and taking another 30seconds to find a seat....he looked like maybe a second grader...obviously it's too much for mom to wait at the end of her 20ft driveway with her kid.....better yet heres another idea: WALK -  the school is literally a BLOCK from your house..if your kid had some excercise, maybe he wouldn't be so fat.  Kids have gotten SO lazy, being bussed to a school that is a BLOCK away.  Busses stopping at EVERY house on the block to let junior off...Why can't they walk down a house or two?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM
13 moms liked this
I think making fun of the child's weight was unneeded just because you had to wait behind a bus and didn't want to wait. That being said, here if you are closer then 15 km they you walk.
TrueTrophyWife
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this
He learns the laziness from his mom so it seems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not making excuses for him acting the way he did but we live close to my sons school and I will not let him walk because the road is dangerous and there are no sidewalks. I don't know the situation where you live but there could be a reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:10 AM
8 moms liked this
How do you know that he's going to that school? Why is it any concern of yours anyhow?

Somebody shit in your Cheerios this morning?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this

because the stops used to be a bunch of kids on the corner, then the bored mommies started calling the transportation offices, saying her kid was special , he/she shouldnt have to walk down the street and wait with all the other kids. The transportation office changed the kid's bus stop and then the next mommie noticed that kid was getting special treatment , and oh no her kid is more special then that kid, she calls and now her kid doesnt have to walk to the corner either.

Now the transportation office just automatically schedules bus stops at just about every home on the block.lmao

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:12 AM
47 moms liked this

Yes!! Kids should NEVER show joy. It should always be business as usual. And how dare that mom allow her son to walk unattended to the bus. *shakes fist at the injustice of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM
I agree. Making fun of his weight was not needed. However here if you live that close you walk. Heck we live down the huge hill from our school and we would have to walk. My son does get picked up cause it's in his IEP at school but if not I would take him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree with have the kid ready. I hate being behind a bus waiting for kids to get on! Or when the parent has long conversations with the bus driver. Its rude.
But making fun of the kid was a bit much, you're a mother, not a 2nd grade bully. How would you like it if someone made fun of your kid?
AEB_MRB
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I wish i could walk my kids to school that's a few blocks away but its a Christian Academy and I can't afford it. In the other mothers support i stood on the porch this morning while my kid walked the 20 ft to the bus because he wouldn't get ready and i didn't have time to put shoes on. There's like 3 inches of snow on the ground...screw that. But my kid didn't lollygag that much, he just didn't want to go. As soon as the aid said they had new songs to sing he wanted on that bus.

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:17 AM
One time last year I was putting my DD on the bus in her car seat and a car stopped on the other side of the bus. The driver said to the bus driver, "I'm just getting milk, be right back!"

I thought it was odd. The bus driver looked pissed- turns out it was the mom from the next stop. Now I realize why we had to wait so long some days for the bus. The nerve of some people!

There would be times when we waited 45 minutes for the bus. No joke. And if they were early dropping off they would call and bitch as to why we weren't there. It really sucked I felt my whole day revolved around that stupid bus and it's sporadic schedule. It's so much less stressful now that we drive our DD to school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN