Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In order to get an abortion *** update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You have to already be WITH CHILD!

do you disagree?or agree?

Update okay so I am not sure why it doesnt seem to make sense to many of you. I am not saying you have a fully grown kid in your womb. I am saying that whatever name you want to call it. The life that is inside of you that you once were is killed during abortion.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT PROCHOICE IS RIGHT OR PROLIFE IS RIGHT. IT IS NOT MY PLACE TO CHOOSE FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF. IF YOU ARE PROLIFE AND YOU THINK ABORTION SHOULD BE BANNED YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THERE WOULD BE CHAOS WITH FORCED MISCARRIAGES AFTER. WHICH IMO WOULD BE EVEN WORSE.

I am just asking if you believe it is alive. Because it is. And I have heard so many prochoice defense saying that it is not. If you are going to defend your stand use something accurate. Like the ectopic reason. Bc there really is no other way.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Don't be an ass, I'm on your side here. What's funny about it is the blatant hypocrisy of it all. They consider her alive due to heartbeat but not a baby.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah thats funny.

Not

Quoting Anonymous: What's funny is that girl on life support... So many believe she is ALIVE based solely on her HAVING A HEARTBEAT. It's been amusing to see so many on here who have been staunchly pro choice fight about this girl because she has a heart beat.
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I see what you mean OP. Yes, to have an abortion means that you are taking something that is alive and making it "not alive". That is a FACT. How people feel about that fact is up to them. It is really hard for people who feel passionately about this topic to look at it objectively (on both sides). When you start throwing around terms like "child" or "baby" it changes the discussion because they mean different things to different people. Those are emotionally charged terms. But I do see your point.

Quoting Anonymous: I, op, was not saying that its wrong of you to be prochoice or that any mom wouldnt have their reasons. I was saying that it is alive and in order for it not to be alive it would have to be killed. Thats all.

Quoting yummypeaches:

I would say your 5 month old is a child. A baby, infant what have you IS a child. What about the mother and what she wants? What about her other children? Should she carry a baby she doesn't want and force it to live in a loveless home? Should she carry a baby at severe risk to her health? What if the baby was created from rape or incest? I have a 7 month old and a 6 year old. I myself would never get an abortion but I would never presume to dictate the rights of other women who I have no idea about. I don't force my beliefs on others because you have no idea what their situation is.

Quoting daisybaby91: I wouldnt say that my 5 month old is really a child yet either. He is an infant.

Why does it matter? This 5 month old baby will grow to be a child, and not he was a "6 week old fertilized egg" not long ago. He is that "6 week old fertilized egg", only bigger. A life is a life and all babies should have the right to live no matter how small they are.

Quoting yummypeaches:

So your problem is the term "with child"? What about pregnant? You can be pregnant with a zygote, a fetus, a blighted ovum, or a child. You're all hung up on the word "child" but a 6 week old fertilized egg isn't exactly a child yet.

ARACMOM
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My OB doesn't preform them either.... He
Mentioned it when my daughter had markers for Down syndrome and told me that if I did wish to terminate if she were determine to have it, he would have to send me somewhere else. FWIW, I did not ask for an abortion not did I get an amnio. I had an u/s and would not have terminated my pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally agree with you! I will never ever, ever be able to understand how anyone can 'think' a fetus who is moving inside the womb and has a beating heart is not alive!! Seriously! The other thing that drives me crazy, is when they say, "I'm not aborting anything but a bunch of 'tissue!" OH PLEASE! Or, "An abortion is not murder, b/c murder is illegal!" BLEH!! 

I talked to my OB/GYN about when she went thru med school. I asked her if she had to learn how to perform abortions. She said that they cannot 'force' anyone to perform an abortion. They did have to learn about them and 'how' they are performed. She is a Christian and is pro-life and never has and never will ever perform an abortion ever! She works in an office that does not even have equipment to perform abortions. When someone calls wanting to know if they perform abortions, they are told that they do not. I chose my Dr. b/c she has the same morals and beliefs about abortion that I have. There is no way I could in good conscience I could ever go to an OB/GYN who performs abortions or who works in an office where they are performed.  

Quoting Anonymous: So a fetus you can feel kicking isn't alive?

Quoting Anonymous:

How can it be alive if removing it from your body kills it? That is like saying that your hair is killed when you cut it..if it can;t live by itself, it isn't alive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM

CELL division and DNA ARE life. Period.  WE do not define it.  I am so fucking sick and tired of ignorant ppl like you defining it, simple biology.  A clump of cells reproduce and form.  I hope you are sterilized now.

Quoting Liastele:

I have 3 bio kids, one step kid, and 4 miscarriages. I consider myself to be the mother of 3, but I have 4 kids. 4, not 3, not 8. I have the right to choose my own terms when it comes how I count my family. You have the right to choose your terms.

Did I mourn the loss of my pregnancies? Yep. Did it hurt like hell that I lost potential children? Yep. But I didn't name them, and I didn't bury them, and I didn't even dig through the toilet for them. I HAVE children, I LOST pregnancies. Do you see how for some people the two are different? Going in to a pregnancy, I know my chance of getting a child out of the situation is less than 50%. I was not "with child" those 4 times. I was with a clump of cells that was trying to become a child, but did not succeed.

I don't like abortion but I certainly am not going to tell anyone else what to do, how to think, or how to feel. We each get to choose when we feel life starts. The law says it is when a child takes their first breath. You are welcome to believe it starts earlier, but your opinion should not be used to dictate someone else's choice.

notabosley
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Disagree, it's a fetus. It's considered a fetus until it can become viable outside of the womb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Exactly. I am not saying that their reasons are any less important than my reasons for being prochoice. I wouldnt judge someones reasons for it bc it is not my decision but I dont get why most of the responses are that it is not alive yet. Because it is. If I made that decision or lost a child due to miscarriage I would still acknowledge that loss of life

Quoting TrueTrophyWife: I take it you are trying to get pro-choicers to acknowledge that it is a child and not cells. ??
pm4k
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:29 AM

yes you'd have to be pregnant...but I swear some people have had their common sense sucked out of their bodies....

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I see where you are going with this and not falling for it.  So therefore disagree you are with a clump of cells. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:33 AM
And I wouldnt judge you for that bc you do what you have to do. I actually respect that you didnt say it isnt killing. Again that was my only point. I was given a really tough choice and made my decision. Of course I have no regrets but it really frustrates me that people use the its not alive excuse bc its nit accurate. The only reason I could see someone saying that and not feel this way would be in your situation if you used that to help cope with it. But it would just be for peace of mind and not factual.

Quoting TG3:

for me it was kill or be killed

Quoting Anonymous: I honestly dont understand the prochoice state of mind on this. I mean my op is a fact. so how can you have a child one day and not the next without it dying. I mean I get people saying they are prochoice bc they feel like its their right but when theu say its not killing a child I just dont get it.

o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to be pregnant...? With child? Who are you? Archie Bunker?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN