Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need a new bed. ETA clarification of cheap vs inexpensive

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have some stupid generic crap that DH during one of the cheap periods of his life decided was good enough. We got it at one of those discount furniture places but it was not inexpensive. I think we paid $2000 or $3000 for it, possibly more. We've had it three years and there were indentations were we slept in like 6 months. We're not huge fatasses or anything. The mattress is just a piece of dookie. And the stupid box springs and rails never fit right together. There's always a huge gap so we're always walking into the side of the damn thing. I hate it. I've started sleeping sometimes in my DD's room and DH sometimes sleeps in the guest room. But what the hell is the point in keeping this piece of poop any longer?

I am going to just go buy a new bed whether he likes it or not, though he does agree we need a new one. I've always wanted to try a Tempurpedic and because they have that trial period I think I might. Also, maybe one of the Sleep Number beds. I don't know if they have a trial period, though.

What do you have?

Do you like it?

Would you buy it again?

If money was not a problem what would you buy?

Edit: The word cheap is often used to mean low/poor quality or value. Yes sometimes it is also used to indicate something that did not cost a lot. Inexpensive in the majority of cases means something was not high in price.

In this instance I mean the mattress was cheap as in low quality, crap and I mean expensive as in hell yes 3000 fucking dollars is a lot of cheddar for some shit. We clear now?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:01 PM

BUMP!!

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Well, I spent $1200 on my bed and it's a great one. Of course, we got it on sale, I think 40% and the frame was free. We've had it a year and I still sleep like a baby on it. We are thinking of giving it to DSS and upgrading to the ones that have cooling gel foam since we both tend to get so warm when we sleep. But not because the mattress sucks. Where did you get that one from?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

A place called Colfax Furniture here in town. They sell discount and brand name furniture but also brand name beds. They had several versions of the Tempurpedic brand mattresses and I tried to convince DH to try one out but he wasn't having it because they are 'too hard'. So here we are with a POS. LOL

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Well, I spent $1200 on my bed and it's a great one. Of course, we got it on sale, I think 40% and the frame was free. We've had it a year and I still sleep like a baby on it. We are thinking of giving it to DSS and upgrading to the ones that have cooling gel foam since we both tend to get so warm when we sleep. But not because the mattress sucks. Where did you get that one from?

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:14 PM

We have a Spa Sensations memory foam mattress and love it.We've had it for 8 yrs now and it's still like new.It's SOOO comfortable.Hubby has a bad back and even before surgery our mattress wasn't too hard or too soft for him.Our 7 yr old daughter has one as well.

katarina666
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 6:10 PM

$2000 to $3000 is not a cheap bed! Thats what my sealy posturepidic cost and it's a great bed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I said it was not an inexpensive bed but yes it is a cheap bed. lol

Quoting katarina666:

$2000 to $3000 is not a cheap bed! Thats what my sealy posturepidic cost and it's a great bed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM

You paid $2000 - $3000 for CHEAP crap? How is that CHEAP?? lol

My I comfort cost $1100 and is the best bed ever!

mamacough
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I also have a POS king size sealy bed. Hate it! We put a memory foam topper on it so we can get any kind of sleep. I want a new bed too LOL
lkane81
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:17 PM
We were recently looking at some. The lady said whatever you buy have a good waterproof mattress pad as sweat breaks down the foam in the mattress. Also there have been a lot of returns on the Simmons or sealy I candy remember which. But one is really awesome and one the company is really going downhill and their mattresses are getting very poorly designed. God I wish I could remember which it was. Oh and one of those has a really great warranty.

We went ti slumberland and was looking.

Right one we have a nice resonic plush but it's about 10 yrs old and it's time to start looki.ng. I'm trying to get a bit more time out by flipping tho.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:20 PM
We dont even got a bed...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)