Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yup.. Still a horrible person. *really small update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm in love with my best friends husband, who also happens to be my dh's best friend. I realized the feelings about 4 months ago and started to distance myself because I knew it wasn't ok.

I wouldn't hang out with my friend if her husband was around. We stopped our bi-weekly dinners (I used being busy with work & the holidays as an excuse.) I wouldn't say more than a simple hello if I saw him out somewhere. I tried to forget about him.

Then she called today and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner, the kids missed each other etc. I agreed because I knew she was right & I thought I was over it. I was wrong. I saw him & we talked like always and it all came rushing back.

Yes there is a lot more to this than I can type on my phone. No, nothing inappropriate has happened and I don't think he knows.

I just feel like an ass..

**We ended up talking yesterday for a few minutes when I stopped to pick up something my dh had left at their place. The bond is just... There. There's no denying it. I don't think my feelings are mutual, which is ok. Although I laid awake all night last night pondering it, I just couldn't sleep. But I swear, if I could just be hugged by that man once a day for the rest of my life, I would be a happier woman. It was so.. Comfortable? We've been texting a bit today, nothing crazy, just venting. Misery loves company I suppose. Thank you to all the women who took the time to actually talk this out with me, it was refreshing and somewhat eye opening.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Bump.. I really need some insight here.
LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I have no clue what to say. Just try to keep on being strong. This too shall pass.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this

You don't need insight. Nothing good can come of this. Leave it alone. You know in your heart that you should get over him. If you don't love your husband, than leave him, but stay out of anyone else's family. You'll wind up ruining two marriages and break three hearts. 

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Try to find things you really dislike about him. Love is blind. Everybody has something wrong with them so focus on those things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:36 PM

your instinct to distance yourself is wise.

you tried to reconnect with your friend, but now you know that won't work. So, either keep it just girls or stay "busy".

Btw, what you THINK you see in him, and are attracted to is probably not what he really is...we glamorize people when we have a crush...and it can be VERY destructive to believe in the fantasy....

I heard a good quip that fits...The grass is always greener on the other side, but the other side still needs to be mowed and watered.

don't do it. distance yourself.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:36 PM
What do you feel he does that might make you attracted? Is it something your husband doesn't do?
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Love is an emotion just like anger, sadness, etc. It passes, especially if its more (I suspect) a crush. People get crushes all the time. work on your own marriage and develop a crush on yhour own husband and this feeling will go away in time. Trust me on this.

Navywife.2012
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Not just three, you forgot about the kids as well.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

You don't need insight. Nothing good can come of this. Leave it alone. You know in your heart that you should get over him. If you don't love your husband, than leave him, but stay out of anyone else's family. You'll wind up ruining two marriages and break three hearts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM
That's kind of where I run into my issue. Their marriage is already over, he's getting his ducks in a row, she just doesn't know anything yet. Mine has been over for a while I'm just treading water until I can figure out a way to leave and still support myself (my dh doesn't work, so no I'm not using him for money. Right now he's basically built in child care.) Which is where the bond comes from. We've had many converations about how unhappy we are, not in the sense that we're unhappy and want to be together, but how we both made mistakes in getting married. I've always kind of had a "crush" but never the feelings I have now until more recently.

I don't want to feel butterflies when he walks into a room or feel breathless if I bump into him. I feel like a teenager. It actually kind of scares me.

Quoting Sparklepants747:

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)