Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nipple discharge

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

okay so i have a question about something ive noticed today, my right breast is leaking a milky discharge out of a single duct. im not pregnat nor is there any chance of pregnancy (havent been with a man in nearly 3 years) also i havent breast fed for nearly 4 years, so i dried up a looong time ago.

other various information may be completely unrelated. breasts are almost always sore.

periods have been getting longer inbetween each month (i start later)

history of fibrocystic breasts run in my family, history of cancer in my family.

only one breast (right one) is leaking and its out of a single duct. milky in color.

has anyone expeirenced this?

also my nipples are almost never stimulated as i dont care much for them being touched.

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:32 PM
One of mine started producing what looked like milk for a few days this past summer. ;/
jb022210
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Quoting KennyPooPoo22: One of mine started producing what looked like milk for a few days this past summer. ;/

was it a single duct that produced it? or was it multiple ducts? and did you find out why?

jb022210
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM
bump
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:39 PM

That sounds similar to lactation, but I don't know.  Sorry I can't help you, but here's a bump for you.  I hope someone can help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:40 PM
I would call your doctor.

Do not google it.
chefmartha
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Go see a doctor and be checked. It may be nothing but if it is something it is better to catch it early. I had a little discharge when my youngest was almost 3 and I never breastfed due to no milk developing. Luckily for me it was nothing. Possibly a cyst but nothing showed on the mammogram that was done. I have very dense tissue so I usually get squished twice on each side to make sure they see everything. So far, so good.

Please go in and get checked just to make sure it's nothing. Let us know how you do.

jb022210
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:47 PM

bump

jb022210
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM
bump
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:21 AM
It was only one but by the time I was able to see my doctor it had gone.

Quoting jb022210:

Quoting KennyPooPoo22: One of mine started producing what looked like milk for a few days this past summer. ;/

was it a single duct that produced it? or was it multiple ducts? and did you find out why?

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I stopped breastfeeding 3 years ago and I still get some discharge. My doctor said it is nothing to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)