Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Contacting someone on parole?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My ex (from over 10 years ago) ended up going to jail a few years back, and it was a very fucked up situation. I found out because I did a google search on his name (because I was hoping to find a facebook for him and wanted to ask how he and his son were doing) and up popped the news articles stating that he'd been charged and subsequently sentenced to jail. I found him on the inmate search when I initially started looking for him and I've debated back and forth for almost a year to send him a letter. Because of the nature of his charges I was very much at war with myself about it, but I decided tonight to look him up again and it says that about 6 months ago he was paroled to a state different than the one in which he served his sentence. I know where he was paroled to (city and state) but I'm not sure how to go about getting a letter to him. Would I be able to call up the parole office in his city and ask to speak to his PO and go from there?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM
What were the charges?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM

irrelevant because it isn't my information to pass around, sorry.

Quoting Anonymous: What were the charges?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Ok, why are you at war with yourself over his charges?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM

I wasn't sure I could be civil, I wasn't sure if I should even contact him, I wasn't sure how my dh would feel about it (we talked and he wasn't thrilled but said it was ultimately up to me), I had no clue what I'd say at all and eventually I just dropped it all

Quoting Anonymous: Ok, why are you at war with yourself over his charges?

Quoting Anonymous:

JustMeKat
by Kat on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM

You would be best off contacting someone like his mother, sister etc... an sending the letter there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM

What did he do to go to jail, and why would you want to contact him anyways? No you cannot contact his po, he or she wont give you any information, convicts have privacy rights.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM

I wouldn't be asking for information, I would be asking if I sent a letter to the PO if s/he'd be able (willing) to pass it along

Quoting Anonymous:

What did he do to go to jail, and why would you want to contact him anyways? No you cannot contact his po, he or she wont give you any information, convicts have privacy rights.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I considered that, honestly, but when we were together I never got to meet his parents/siblings because they were in another state and we weren't together long enough to get to that point (travelling to see family), so I'm not sure how to go about just sending them a letter asking them to pass another along to him

Quoting JustMeKat:

You would be best off contacting someone like his mother, sister etc... an sending the letter there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Uh, but it made the news?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)