Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I get pee out of the carpet in my van?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
As my 4 year old son and I were waiting in line to pick my kids up from school today he tells me he has to pee. I told him he'd have to wait because there was no way to get him to a bathroom at the moment. He starts crying "Mommy, I REALLY have to go!! I'm about to wet my pants!!". I decided to grab the empty Sonic cup out of my cupholder. I unbuckled him from his seat and told him to stand up, pee in the cup, hand it back to me, and get back in his seat. He did just as I asked, but tripped while stepping forward to hand it to me and dumped it all over the floor. There's now a pretty large urine spot on the carpet in my van. As soon as we got home I got a rag and got as much up as I could, but I'm worried it's going to reek tomorrow.

How do I get it out? Can you steam clean the carpet in your vehicle? Is there a product for this? I feel clueless.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:56 AM
You could probably use carpet cleaner but I'd take the car to the car wash to get cleaned afterwards. Just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Yes you can steam clean it. A lot of newer car wash areas have a machine over by the vacuums.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Baking soda and vacuume
Vinegar
jordynlee18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM
I scrubbed the upholstery in my car over the summer. Just make sure to air it out and dry it really well otherwise it will smell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM
That's true. I guess the one that's made for pet urine odors would probably work the same for human urine.

Quoting polkaspots: You could probably use carpet cleaner but I'd take the car to the car wash to get cleaned afterwards. Just to be safe.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Biokleen Bac-Out

you can order it at drugstore .com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM
I use the carpet cleaner in my car often. But its just kid mess not pee. But I bet it would still come out
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Steam clean it and pour peroxide and baking soda all over it. Let dry and vacuum.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Really?!? I'll definitely look for that tomorrow. The car wash I normally go to doesn't have that option. I'll check out the newer one in town. Thanks!!

Quoting gwebkeijmmm: Yes you can steam clean it. A lot of newer car wash areas have a machine over by the vacuums.
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I meant regular carpet cleaner but one designed for pet urine would work too.

Quoting Anonymous: That's true. I guess the one that's made for pet urine odors would probably work the same for human urine.

Quoting polkaspots: You could probably use carpet cleaner but I'd take the car to the car wash to get cleaned afterwards. Just to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)