Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD got in trouble for correcting her teacher over what color blood is UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 267 Replies
3 moms liked this

She is in 6th grade. They were talking about the human body and blood and the teacher taught the class that blood was blue until it hit oxygen. My DD raised her hand and told her teacher that that was a myth...human blood is always some shade of red and has some oxygen in it at all times 

Well the teacher got mad at told her she was wrong and she got written up in her passport. I am going to talk to the teacher about it. My DD was right and unless the teacher tells me she was really rude about it (which I doubt) I dont see why she should get in trouble for having correct information. 

UPDATE: I talked to the teacher and the principal. The teacher admitted that my DD was no rude about it just trying to spread the knowledge. She said it was an over reaction and apologized. They took the write up away so now my DD can participate  in all of the school activities. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
8 moms liked this

That sucks.  I hate when teachers think that they are the end all and be all of correct information.

elfling811
by Niki on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I would be talking to the teacher, and then the principal if I wasn't satisfied with the teacher's response.
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM
9 moms liked this

This would be why my college professors always tell us that we are trained in school not to question what we are taught

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM
18 moms liked this

Buy her some butthurt cream for Teacher's Appreciation Day.

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM
8 moms liked this

That's dumb.

I'd be upset if I was going to school all day to be taught false information.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

This would be why my college professors always tell us that we are trained in school not to question what we are taught

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
4 moms liked this

Your dd was right, the teacher should not have punished her for being right as long as she was nice about it. I'd definitely have a word with her teacher about it.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
That's silly. Your dd was correct. And as long as she wasn't rude about it, I don't see why she would have gotten in trouble.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM
4 moms liked this

I'd be telling the teacher she needs to not punish my child for pointing out she's wrong, and then talking to hr about teaching my kid old wive's tales and misinformation.  smh, what an idiot.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk about a stupid teacher.
Mommy.Erica
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I never knew that... because I was always taught it was blue also... good to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)