Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I posted already that I have paraben contact allergy but what I cannot get over is how stupid I am for ignoring the symptoms for so long! I cannot find anything on long term exposure and result of long term exposure to it.

My hair has been falling out since I entered my twenties and the constant ups and down of skin irratation, rashes, breakout, burning, burn marks, itches.

I feel even dumber that I finally gave in after giving up trying to find products that wont make me hurt and just torturing my damn body with that toxin!

Im now 42... I keep thinking all these years I been poisoning my body.... I really feel like a dumb ass :|

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
chefmartha
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:54 PM

You can't keep kicking yourself for something you had no control over. Allergies can be a learning curve. That's what sucks about having an one that takes awhile to figure out. I've suffered from migraines for years, they are hereditary in my family. There are lots of things that can trigger one or make one worse. For me it's things like caffiene, MSG, perfume, tannins in some wines, and most recently discovered, some sulphates /sulphites.

I've a question for you. What are parabens? Are they a petroleum product/ by product?

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I know and my hair thing I have seen different doctors for that, they all said stress.... Just in four days I have not had so much hair fall out. Im shocked I even have any hair at all :O

Quoting Derari:

Paws up cat, you didn't know..."when you know better, you do better".

lunyuny
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I sure hope you get a quit resolve. I could not imagine. :(

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well, the allergist didnt say much but I do think my eight year old has the allergy too. Im going to schedule to see a dema for her and have her specifically tested for paraben. Then I will take that time to learn more about it and the long term exposure for me.

Quoting lunyuny: It Sounds complicated. Dermatologist cant help with this?

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM
:(

Try Bonner's.
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM

They are preservatives to preserve the products. Used in cosmetic, foods,  and drugs (over the counter and perscription). Its also considered toxic as well, like many other things. There are many different names for it too, you have to get the list of mixed paraben names. Its crazy, I cleaned out my bathroom and 98% of the product had paraben in it :|

Quoting chefmartha:

You can't keep kicking yourself for something you had no control over. Allergies can be a learning curve. That's what sucks about having an one that takes awhile to figure out. I've suffered from migraines for years, they are hereditary in my family. There are lots of things that can trigger one or make one worse. For me it's things like caffiene, MSG, perfume, tannins in some wines, and most recently discovered, some sulphates /sulphites.

I've a question for you. What are parabens? Are they a petroleum product/ by product?

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I havent seen bonner yet. Where do you find it? Besides online.

Quoting redneckmama4: :(

Try Bonner's.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Health food stores and I swear I saw it at walmart in with the Mrs. Meyers stuff.

I would look into a cleanse for your body and I just recently learned about colloidal silver. Great supplement.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Try Bonner's.

JessMc33
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Just stop using it. You do not need to get allergy tests to confirm that parabens are terrible for you, for everyone. Your child deserves to not be slathered in chemicals, allergy or not.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well, the allergist didnt say much but I do think my eight year old has the allergy too. Im going to schedule to see a dema for her and have her specifically tested for paraben. Then I will take that time to learn more about it and the long term exposure for me.

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I dont think you understand, paraben is in 98% of the cosmetics out there including so called organics and hypo allergetic. After awhile you just keep switching hoping one will affect ytou less from decreasing perfumes to avoiding other ingredients. Regardless, many STILl have paraben in it. I was using hypoallergetic face wash and yet I still reacted. After getting my result, I looked and sure enough it had paraben in it....

Its hard to avoid something that is in 98% of products you buy when you have no clue what you are allergic to.

Quoting JessMc33: Just stop using it. You do not need to get allergy tests to confirm that parabens are terrible for you, for everyone. Your child deserves to not be slathered in chemicals, allergy or not.

Quoting thetrollcat:

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Essential Herb just released new products too! They just released a selection Paraben Free. I saw it yesterday for the first time in Target. I was impressed. Im really happy that some of the companies are making the effort to attempt to provide alerternatives to their products. Many will continue to use Paraben. I just think its a good start when they provide products without ALSO.

Quoting redneckmama4: Health food stores and I swear I saw it at walmart in with the Mrs. Meyers stuff.

I would look into a cleanse for your body and I just recently learned about colloidal silver. Great supplement.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Try Bonner's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)