Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I posted already that I have paraben contact allergy but what I cannot get over is how stupid I am for ignoring the symptoms for so long! I cannot find anything on long term exposure and result of long term exposure to it.

My hair has been falling out since I entered my twenties and the constant ups and down of skin irratation, rashes, breakout, burning, burn marks, itches.

I feel even dumber that I finally gave in after giving up trying to find products that wont make me hurt and just torturing my damn body with that toxin!

Im now 42... I keep thinking all these years I been poisoning my body.... I really feel like a dumb ass :|

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
JessMc33
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I do understand how hard it can feel. We do not use parabens in anything, at all. And I spend way less on product than people I know who do. Research, find the products you like, and never look back. You can do it.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont think you understand, paraben is in 98% of the cosmetics out there including so called organics and hypo allergetic. After awhile you just keep switching hoping one will affect ytou less from decreasing perfumes to avoiding other ingredients. Regardless, many STILl have paraben in it. I was using hypoallergetic face wash and yet I still reacted. After getting my result, I looked and sure enough it had paraben in it....

Its hard to avoid something that is in 98% of products you buy when you have no clue what you are allergic to.

Quoting JessMc33: Just stop using it. You do not need to get allergy tests to confirm that parabens are terrible for you, for everyone. Your child deserves to not be slathered in chemicals, allergy or not.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well, the allergist didnt say much but I do think my eight year old has the allergy too. Im going to schedule to see a dema for her and have her specifically tested for paraben. Then I will take that time to learn more about it and the long term exposure for me.

Quoting lunyuny: It Sounds complicated. Dermatologist cant help with this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Have you tried biolage or organix products? I believe both are sulfate and parabin free
withsecond
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM
That sucks but at least you did finally figure out what was going on. Now it should get better for you.
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM

You're a year older than me.

Old fart

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Im writing up a list as people make recommendations. Even though people recommend I always double check. My face is already starting to look better without the red bumps all over. Im amazed how much better I do look skin wise since I have stopped on Friday. Im still itchy in some areas and still sensitive due to the long exposures. But it has been very helpful getting suggestions so Im not in the stores for two damn hours reading ingredients.

Quoting Anonymous: Have you tried biolage or organix products? I believe both are sulfate and parabin free

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

just remember you're still old too hahaha!

Quoting JustCJ:

Old fart

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

to be frankly honest with you, never heard of paraben until friday :|

Quoting JessMc33: I do understand how hard it can feel. We do not use parabens in anything, at all. And I spend way less on product than people I know who do. Research, find the products you like, and never look back. You can do it.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont think you understand, paraben is in 98% of the cosmetics out there including so called organics and hypo allergetic. After awhile you just keep switching hoping one will affect ytou less from decreasing perfumes to avoiding other ingredients. Regardless, many STILl have paraben in it. I was using hypoallergetic face wash and yet I still reacted. After getting my result, I looked and sure enough it had paraben in it....

Its hard to avoid something that is in 98% of products you buy when you have no clue what you are allergic to.

Quoting JessMc33: Just stop using it. You do not need to get allergy tests to confirm that parabens are terrible for you, for everyone. Your child deserves to not be slathered in chemicals, allergy or not.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well, the allergist didnt say much but I do think my eight year old has the allergy too. Im going to schedule to see a dema for her and have her specifically tested for paraben. Then I will take that time to learn more about it and the long term exposure for me.

Quoting lunyuny: It Sounds complicated. Dermatologist cant help with this?

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I know dammit ....

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting JustCJ:

Old fart

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM

iz that you in your avatar? If so you dont look 40.....

Quoting JustCJ:

I know dammit ....

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting JustCJ:

Old fart

-_-
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Try this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)