Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I posted already that I have paraben contact allergy but what I cannot get over is how stupid I am for ignoring the symptoms for so long! I cannot find anything on long term exposure and result of long term exposure to it.

My hair has been falling out since I entered my twenties and the constant ups and down of skin irratation, rashes, breakout, burning, burn marks, itches.

I feel even dumber that I finally gave in after giving up trying to find products that wont make me hurt and just torturing my damn body with that toxin!

Im now 42... I keep thinking all these years I been poisoning my body.... I really feel like a dumb ass :|

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:03 PM

is it paraben free?????

Quoting -_-:

Try this

SaraA_1989
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's the same as those who have a lot of aspartame intake. They suffer from symptoms similar to MS.
-_-
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Quoting thetrollcat:

is it paraben free?????

Quoting -_-:

Try this

Google it.

Bing it on.

I've helped enough.

connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Here's a list of paraben free cosmetic products.
http://www.bcaction.org/our-take-on-breast-cancer/environment/safe-cosmetics/paraben-free-cosmetics/ 

Not sure if you've already seen this but, thought I would post it anyway. ;)

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM
What is paraben?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessMc33
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM
I understand, no judgments here, many people do not realize how many bad chemicals are in everyday products. I just mean, while you are figuring out what you can use, switch your whole family to chemical free products. No need to allergy test really, unless you really want to.

Quoting thetrollcat:

to be frankly honest with you, never heard of paraben until friday :|

Quoting JessMc33: I do understand how hard it can feel. We do not use parabens in anything, at all. And I spend way less on product than people I know who do. Research, find the products you like, and never look back. You can do it.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont think you understand, paraben is in 98% of the cosmetics out there including so called organics and hypo allergetic. After awhile you just keep switching hoping one will affect ytou less from decreasing perfumes to avoiding other ingredients. Regardless, many STILl have paraben in it. I was using hypoallergetic face wash and yet I still reacted. After getting my result, I looked and sure enough it had paraben in it....

Its hard to avoid something that is in 98% of products you buy when you have no clue what you are allergic to.

Quoting JessMc33: Just stop using it. You do not need to get allergy tests to confirm that parabens are terrible for you, for everyone. Your child deserves to not be slathered in chemicals, allergy or not.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well, the allergist didnt say much but I do think my eight year old has the allergy too. Im going to schedule to see a dema for her and have her specifically tested for paraben. Then I will take that time to learn more about it and the long term exposure for me.

Quoting lunyuny: It Sounds complicated. Dermatologist cant help with this?

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:59 PM

preservative used in cosmetics, foods, and some medicines

Quoting Kenre: What is paraben?

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Is it listed like that on the package?

Quoting thetrollcat:

preservative used in cosmetics, foods, and some medicines

Quoting Kenre: What is paraben?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I printed it

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Here's a list of paraben free cosmetic products.
http://www.bcaction.org/our-take-on-breast-cancer/environment/safe-cosmetics/paraben-free-cosmetics/ 

Not sure if you've already seen this but, thought I would post it anyway. ;)

Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I think we all sometimes put our own health on hold.  We are busy caring for our families and we put their needs before ours.  We get busy and ignore what our own bodies are telling us.  Now you know and you can now move forward and take better care of yourself.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)