Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I posted already that I have paraben contact allergy but what I cannot get over is how stupid I am for ignoring the symptoms for so long! I cannot find anything on long term exposure and result of long term exposure to it.

My hair has been falling out since I entered my twenties and the constant ups and down of skin irratation, rashes, breakout, burning, burn marks, itches.

I feel even dumber that I finally gave in after giving up trying to find products that wont make me hurt and just torturing my damn body with that toxin!

Im now 42... I keep thinking all these years I been poisoning my body.... I really feel like a dumb ass :|

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I didn't know I was allergic to kiwi. I love kiwi

it happens.
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I love kiwi too

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't know I was allergic to kiwi. I love kiwi

it happens.

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM

well it wasnt I was putting it on hold I was always getting people saying well use hypoallergetic. Even some of those products were not working. So I just dealt LOL

Quoting Thunderbug75:

I think we all sometimes put our own health on hold.  We are busy caring for our families and we put their needs before ours.  We get busy and ignore what our own bodies are telling us.  Now you know and you can now move forward and take better care of yourself.  Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM
it's so yummy!

I didn't have the "classic" allergy symptoms. it's stupid really. ugh.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I love kiwi too

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't know I was allergic to kiwi. I love kiwi

it happens.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Is it possible to not wash all the time? Or use a dry shampoo in between washing...get a highlighting cap and gently pull a bit of hair through, so the spray doesn't get to your scalp.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I know and my hair thing I have seen different doctors for that, they all said stress.... Just in four days I have not had so much hair fall out. Im shocked I even have any hair at all :O

Quoting Derari:

Paws up cat, you didn't know..."when you know better, you do better".

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:05 PM

not washing has nothing to do with it. Washing with ingredient you are allergic has a lot to do with it. The toxin is in your hair/head until you actually wash it out. See what Im saying?

I already tried the limiting the hair washing, it was still falling out.

Quoting Derari:

Is it possible to not wash all the time? Or use a dry shampoo in between washing...get a highlighting cap and gently pull a bit of hair through, so the spray doesn't get to your scalp.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I know and my hair thing I have seen different doctors for that, they all said stress.... Just in four days I have not had so much hair fall out. Im shocked I even have any hair at all :O

Quoting Derari:

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Are you bold enough to shave it off?

Quoting thetrollcat:

not washing has nothing to do with it. Washing with ingredient you are allergic has a lot to do with it. The toxin is in your hair/head until you actually wash it out. See what Im saying?

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM

hell no why would I need to shave it?

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:16 PM

As a break from finding the right products, irritants, falling hair...you can wig out for awhile, and take a breather...:(

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM

oh my hair has always grown back thank pugs but then I have little hairs stickign out all over when I wear a pony....

Quoting Derari:

As a break from finding the right products, irritants, falling hair...you can wig out for awhile, and take a breather...:(

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Derari:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)