Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your mom get along or fight constantly?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM
  • 315 Replies

My mom and I had gotten along until I was 15, then I started rebelling against her, what she said, when to be home and such. I never was told about girls getting their periods, but she always made it a point to have the sex talk with me once or twice a week. She's always said she wished she could go back and re do her life and Start at the age of sixteen. Never get married, nor have children. My aunt passed away of diabetes several years ago, and my morm always tells me that my aunt isn't going to be dead until I am, that she just carried me for nine months my aunt is my real mom. She always wanted to argue and over the dumbest things. 

When I had my son seven years ago, she made a big scene at the hospital by threatening to take my son and I wouldn't ever see him again, my nurse had out a cop at my hospital room door they don't take threats like that lightly. My mom to this day tells me that I was the reason that she has a hole in her heart from me not letting her come to the hospital to see her grandson. There were several other occasions where she was telling me that I wasnt bathing him the proper way, I was changing his diaper correctly. 

Anybody else have this problem? 

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:06 PM

no, I don't really associate with my mother. l might see her three or four times a year for less than an hour each. 

Momtoboys940
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I try not to associate with mine, she's always making something up as to why she needs to talk to or see me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM

she doesn't know who i am anymore due to alzheimers

Miller0305
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I haven't talked to my mom in 3 years. I don't like her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Nope, we have a great relationship. 

-_-
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:09 PM
2 moms liked this

We butted heads quite a bit, and sometimes pretty badly. But at the end of the day, we were still good.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM

My mom is in another state, we don't really talk much. She's a raving alcoholic and even though I'm one of the few who can tolerate her... I choose not to

lunyuny
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Ugh if we are far apart we are good she has been at my home for about 6 months now *pulling hair
catcameback
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I don't have a mother.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
No, we don't really fight at all. We disagree on things sometimes, but keep it respectful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured