Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Polygamy

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

I started watching Big Love, the HBO show, and it is enthralling! I can't stop watching. I'm not sure how I feel about polygamy. Families are always tricky, and I don't see a huge difference between a polygamous one and a normal monogamous one. Are there any polygamous moms here? Does anyone have an opinion on them? 

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no opinion. Any relationship has the potential for abuse, and the potential to work. It's not my call to decide which is going to work for what people.

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

twistedalice
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:18 PM
I really dont have an opinion on it because I dont know much aboit it. Id like to watch some reality shows about it just to better educate myself.
Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:18 PM

There are some polygamous wives on cafemom who have talked about it. I'm sure there are more who don't discuss it. I don't have an issue with polygamy as long as each person in the marriage chose to be there. They weren't assigned to someone, they weren't pressured into it and are all legal adults. 

jen2150
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:20 PM
It is not for me. I completely respect those who are polygamous. It can work quite well for most people.
all2gethernow
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Great show. Couldn't do it tho. My guy was curious about that when I met him. I think he's realized I'm more then enough for him to handle tho. Enjoy the show-it's so good:)
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Of course. No one should be okay with any kind of coercion or child abuse. I meant adult families and their lifestyle. I'm just so curious about it! 

Quoting Fordprefect:

There are some polygamous wives on cafemom who have talked about it. I'm sure there are more who don't discuss it. I don't have an issue with polygamy as long as each person in the marriage chose to be there. They weren't assigned to someone, they weren't pressured into it and are all legal adults. 

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I didn't think I would like it, and now I'm having a mini marathon! It is good. It shows the good and the bad, even though it is entirely fictional. 

Quoting all2gethernow: Great show. Couldn't do it tho. My guy was curious about that when I met him. I think he's realized I'm more then enough for him to handle tho. Enjoy the show-it's so good:)

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no opinion on it. The family dynamics interest me tho.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i just asked my husband about how he feels about polygamy and he says 'does it go both ways'. he figures i can also have a mechanic/home depot kind of husband in addition to him lol this might not be a bad idea after all lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)