Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what are your real thoughts( peanut allergy)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 347 Replies
On how the peanut allergy should be handled?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:52 PM
18 moms liked this
Don't expect my kid to cater to your kid's allergy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It think the same.
And my kids do not have allergies

Quoting Anonymous: Don't expect my kid to cater to your kid's allergy.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM
6 moms liked this

It's a legitimate and dangerous allergy that should be treated as such. It's fairly easy to accommodate a person with that allergy and measures should be taken to do so. 

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:53 PM
41 moms liked this

As soon as the entire world learns sign language to communicate with MY child, I will ban peanuts.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I have food and medication allergies and I expect NO ONE else to be accountable for my health and well being.  That said, children who have these allergies need to be taught how to handle them.  When they are to young to handle them on their own then you provide them with ADULT supervision that can.

I'm really not a fan of peanut free schools, and zones.  You're teaching children that they will be placated to forever.  Its pretty bad when people want baseball stadiums to stop serving peanuts for this reason.  Also, I don't believe that someone who is simply in close contact with peanuts is going to have a life threatening reaction--I know some Mom out there will quote me on how I'm wrong blah blah blah, but I think if that were the case then almost anything a child can injest would have at some point come into contact with peanuts or oils.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM
And how is that? What do you think should happen?

Quoting JulyBabies:

It's a legitimate and dangerous allergy that should be treated as such. It's fairly easy to accommodate a person with that allergy and measures should be taken to do so. 

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I cater. I just don't want a kid to die and its my fault.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: And how is that? What do you think should happen?

Quoting JulyBabies:

It's not rocket science. Keep peanuts away from someone with a life threatening allergy. Pretty simple. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

It should be handled by the parent teaching the child to manage their allergy,  the world is not peanut free and the sooner they learn that the better!

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM
4 moms liked this
My kids can live without nut products for the few hours they are at school. There are lots of other options.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)