Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Anyone's family make 60k and still afford daycare on an infant? I looked in my area and it was $1,400/month. I want another child so much but the thought of $1,400 stresses me out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

bump

AAngel282
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Most daycares have a second child discount. Some are 15% to 20% off the second child. Could be more at others but those are the discounts my siblings get at the daycares they use.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM
It's $720/month where we live (south Florida). We make more than $60k though
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

thanks

Quoting AAngel282: Most daycares have a second child discount. Some are 15% to 20% off the second child. Could be more at others but those are the discounts my siblings get at the daycares they use.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I wish but we have 2 more years until there will be a substantial salary gain.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah: It's $720/month where we live (south Florida). We make more than $60k though

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Shop around. In home daycares are generally cheaper. And still a great idea if they are licensed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM
We had one in daycare when we made 60k and one in elementary. We paid $300/wk, so $1300/month. That's slightly over a quarter of yearly income, so there's no we could've afforded to double that and pay for 2.
We didn't do that for long, only a few months after our opposite work schedules quit working out, before we reworked things for me to be a SAHM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Look into daycare assistance and grants. Also in many states you get a daycare refund. Be careful. Usually with daycare you get what you pay for. Price should not be your biggest concern. If it is you should wait until you can afford it. These are your precious children. This comes from a concerned licensed child care provider
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

OBVIOUSLY I WOULD ONLY PUT MY CHILD WHERE I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE SAFE. 

Quoting Anonymous: Look into daycare assistance and grants. Also in many states you get a daycare refund. Be careful. Usually with daycare you get what you pay for. Price should not be your biggest concern. If it is you should wait until you can afford it. These are your precious children. This comes from a concerned licensed child care provider

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I can agree with this. However, there ARE good ones out there that are affordable. I was a legal but unlicensed provider out of my home. In my state, you were allowed to watch 4 kids that weren't your own without a license.

I hope I can say with confidence that I was a terrific provider who really loved and cared for the kids I watched very well. At the same time, I was one of the cheaper ones.

Quoting Anonymous: Look into daycare assistance and grants. Also in many states you get a daycare refund. Be careful. Usually with daycare you get what you pay for. Price should not be your biggest concern. If it is you should wait until you can afford it. These are your precious children. This comes from a concerned licensed child care provider
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)