Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just because I live with my Ex-husband doesnt mean we are still into eachother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

We both wanted the divorce and knew we were never going to work out. We made it official after our kids moved out of the house. We knew we didnt want to be together but we also were not able to sell the house so we were stuck living together (it was all we could afford at the time)

We spent some money turning the basement into its own apartment complete with kitchen, living room, dinning room etc. My ex lives there. I live in the upper part of the house. While we occupy the same house I cant even remember the last time I actually saw him. Probably 2-3 months ago? 

He works nights and I work days. I hear him of course most days but we are not even roommate. Apparently though everyone in my family thinks we are still into eachother. Lol makes me laugh 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Whatever works for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I wouldn't touch that with a 40 foot pole if I was going date either if you. One word and I'd end it faster than you could blink!

Also, I'm Motherlady! No need for me to be shy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:57 AM

We have not had problems dating. Sure at first people might be like "wtf" but it really isnt an issue. 

Quoting Anonymous: Well I wouldn't touch that with a 40 foot pole if I was going date either if you. One word and if end it fater than you could blink!

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Well if he had his own apartment in the basement you really don't live together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:09 AM

We live in the same house. The only thing that is shared is the front door. But apparently that is enough to mean we are still into eachother lol 

Quoting MIA0223: Well if he had his own apartment in the basement you really don't live together.

malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, one of us would be getting our own place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Honestly, if my dh and I divorced we would have to have a similar situation b/c it's the only way we could still manage everything. I think it is a great way of making a bad situation work :)
NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Interesting. Whatever works for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM
2 moms liked this
If you could afford renovations, you could afford to move.... someone isn't telling the truth!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:36 AM

We spent about $5,000 fixing up the basement. 

That is not enough to pay rent in another place for more than 2-3 months. The house had been on the market for 2 years and clearly was not going to be sold. It was just easier that way. 

Quoting Anonymous: If you could afford renovations, you could afford to move.... someone isn't telling the truth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)