Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The stinky kid in class and making dd sick Update #1

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 305 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dd has math class with a boy that is severely neglected. It has been going on for years. He smells and clearly his lazy fat mom doesn't give a damn. He bullies other kids all the time. We have a very small school with rich, middle class and very poor. When he moved into the school the kids were very welcoming. He was bullied at other schools and I imagine it has affected him. The kids have given up on being nice to him. They ignore him but defend themselves when he attacked. Dd sits behind him in math class and she literally gets a headache everyday from his smell. She asked teacher if she could move her seat but the teacher keeps "forgetting". She didn't explain about her headaches because she was worried about being insensitive. Because she is a teenager I wanted her to learn to start solving her problems. But I think I will email the teacher. How do you deal with the stinky kid in the class?

Update 1

It is not a issue with us about him being poor. I grow up poor and now I'm not because of hard work. The issue is this odor problem has been going on for a couple of years. Since grade school. She had never sat next to him before but knew he was smelly from other interactions. Now she has to sit next behind him in Math 3rd period. She gets a headache for the rest of the day. I can give her Motrin to keep in her locker as it is legally. But why should I have to kill her liver by giving her drugs each day to stop her headache? DH and DD are very sensitive to smells. We have everything scent free in out home because of it. It has never been an issue with her getting headaches at school until now. The boy had to shower often at school in the nurses office because of the odor. It has been humiliating for him I know. The nurse has reported it. the state must feel its OK. Other kids tell him all the time he smells. He says no he doesn't and yells at them. He has no friends and its sad. When he moved the to area the kids all tried to be his friend. It is a very friendly district. because it is so small any new kid gets jumped on to be friends because it someone new. He instead bullied everyone. This years secret Santa he got a bar of soap and was told "take a hint" from the boy who gave it to him. All he did was get mad. I tell dd not to get on his bad side as he clearly has issues. I worry one day he will crack and bring a gun to school. I will have her speak with her teacher tomorrow and tell the teacher why. She can stand up for herself and learn about uncomfortable situations.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:54 AM
23 moms liked this
He's neglected and your biggest concern is your DD's headaches?

There's bigger issues here? So go talk to the school.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM
22 moms liked this

Teach your daughter that she will have to handle things that are unpleasant in her life. Your daughter isn't the victim here and no matter how you phrase it, you're going to sound like a bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd be raising a stink myself!  I woudl refuse to sit behind him and just say flat out "no, he smells."  

Rhodin
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:59 AM
14 moms liked this

Why haven'y his teachers called CPS?

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM
10 moms liked this
Yes, let's be concerned over where your daughter sits for 60 minutes a day and ignore the problem of a child being neglected.

How about help solve the root problem???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM
How old is your DD. Old enough to step into the hallway and speak to her teacher? Or you contact the school for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Parents have for several years. Clearly the authorities think we are wrong. So yes I am concerned about my dd headaches. I feel for him, but nothing I can do.

Quoting luckysevenwow: He's neglected and your biggest concern is your DD's headaches?

There's bigger issues here? So go talk to the school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Go to the school and speak to someone about your concerns for the boy, that he's being neglected.  Also, since they haven't done anything to help before, contact child services.  Try to do something to get that kid help.

And, because your child matters too, despite what the other replies seem to imply, make certain that the teacher and someone in the administration know that your child needs to be moved away from this kid as soon as possible.  Do it for your kid and then sit her down and explain how, in the future, she learn to advocate for herself.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM
She is 14. She is shy. She took the first step in asking but felt bad to say the real reason.

Quoting Anonymous: How old is your DD. Old enough to step into the hallway and speak to her teacher? Or you contact the school for her.
pistolpink
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
While I understand her discomfort...can you imagine his discomfort? I'm sure he knows he isn't liked and probably even knows he smells. Then again a teenager should know when to shower.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured