Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you pack lunch for your kids... Eta

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM
  • 102 Replies
What do you usually make? I would like to get more ideas for my ds's lunch box.

ETA: thank you for sharing ideas! Keep them coming 😀
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
libramoon007
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Bump 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Quoting libramoon007:

Bump 

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Ds is a simple kid. He just likes sandwiches. So he gets those, fruit or veggie and a snack, just small thing of cookies or fruit snacks. Even on the weekends He asks for sandwiches. Whatever, its easy and makes him happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I change the actual items every day but I always include the same basic components: protein, fruit, veggie, dairy.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM
I wish mine were that simple

Quoting Seagodess: Ds is a simple kid. He just likes sandwiches. So he gets those, fruit or veggie and a snack, just small thing of cookies or fruit snacks. Even on the weekends He asks for sandwiches. Whatever, its easy and makes him happy.
mamax20810
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Tuna/chicken wraps, pb&j, turkey sandwich. Leftovers (spaghetti, mac n cheese, pizza, burger), salad w/grilled chicken/turkey. Oatmeal, chicken strips, corn dogs, fish sticks, quesadillas.

Fresh fruit, fresh veggie w/dip, yogurt, cheese, applesauce, crackers, granola bars, cereal bars, pretzels

Juice/water

He's 5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:26 AM

My son is a very picky eater. I have a hard time with what to pack in his lunch. What he wants change from one day to the next and he wants the same thing everday most of the time. 

Right now I pack him chicken strips, fruit/vegis, a treat such as fruit snacks or chips, and a drink. He almost never finishes his lunch. He is not a big eater.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Me too, but I'm trying to have more variety with the main entree. Fruits, veggie, milk, and a treat are a must.

Quoting Anonymous: I change the actual items every day but I always include the same basic components: protein, fruit, veggie, dairy.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh lots of stuff.

Quesadilla
Bean burritos
Bagal sandwiches
Regular sandwiches
Pbj
Nachos
Salads
Ham or Turkey crackers and cheese
Peanut butter with veggies
Grilled cheese
Mac and cheese
Wraps
English muffin pizza

I also pack fresh fruit, a veggie and sometimes a treat.

Tomorrow it is a turkey bagal sandwich, apples, a slice of pinapple upside down cake, sun chips and she will buy a milk.

Wed: school lunch (yuck)

Thursday: chicken bacon ranch salad (leftovers), a fruit, pistachios and milk from school.

Friday: pizza grilled cheese, fruit salad, Sun chips and cucumbers. Milk from school
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Sandwich, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, crackers, baby carrots.  Not all at once.  There is usually the sandwich, fruit or veggie, and either the yogurt or the cottage cheese.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)