Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

miscarriages (long and confusing)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Last month I was one day late but I had this feeling so I took a pregnancy test. It was a Friday that I took a test and it was positive.
Sunday night I started cramping and bleeding really heavy. So I went into the er. I was only 3 days late and had not seen or even called a dr yet. In the ER they did a pregnancy test and an exam. No ultra sound since by my dates I was not far enough along to see anything. They sent me home saying I was having a miscarriage and there was nothing they could do.
After my er visit I called around to find an ob to set up a follow up apt. I had a hard time finding one that was accepting new patients especially one needing a follow up that had never seen one of their drs. The best I could do was make an apt for 6 weeks out.
So during this past month I have been having odd symptoms. Weight gain 5 lbs this month, sensitivity to smells, overly tired, morning sickness like symptoms. So I decided to take another pregnancy test this time 2 days before my period was due. I got another positive.
Well 2 days latter right on track I get my period. So again I go into the ER say I'm pregnant. Pretty much get laughed at since I tested before I missed a period. They didn't do anything again. Said 1 to 2 weeks was to early to see anything I was either having another miscarriage or my levels had not gone down from my previous miscarriage. Either way there was nothing they could do so they sent me home again.
Now I am still 3 weeks out from my apt and kind of freaking out. Is it possible to still be about 2.5-3 months pregnant and not know it because of the bleeding? Is there anything that could cause a false positive? I feel like something is just not right and I can't get anyone to take me seriously. I'm going insane not knowing if I am pregnant or not.
I have taken 3 more tests all positive. Including one today that was positive after ending my period yesterday. I'm so confused...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Bump for replies
keisha613
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Are the test lines on your tests getting darker?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I would see if the OBs office can order 2 blood draws 48 hours apart. They should be able to order labs without seeing you. You need the 2 draws though so you can compare results. If they won't do it, ask the ER or Urgent Care. You may pay for it but at least you'll have answers
RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Doesn't the hospital have a clinic where they could fit you in? It seems like it would be better than waiting. I think if you had had an ultrasound, your mind would be at ease, either way. 

I don't know if you can have your period and be pregnant. I have heard it's possible, although I don't know anyone it happened to. If not, it seems your hormones must be out of whack.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:36 AM
They are about the same clearly visible but not super dark.

Quoting keisha613: Are the test lines on your tests getting darker?
jessecutez2
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:37 AM
You could have been pregnant with twins and lost one. How dark is ypir lines?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I really wish they would give me a us but the er dr didn't think it was necessary so I would have to pay out of pocket for it. The hospital doesn't have a clinic. But we do have a walk in they do urine tests but if it is positive either help you find an ob or if it is an emergency send you to the er since they don't handle anything ob. I feel like i am getting the run around bouncing from clinic to er to home and back.

Quoting RaniNY:

Doesn't the hospital have a clinic where they could fit you in? It seems like it would be better than waiting. I think if you had had an ultrasound, your mind would be at ease, either way. 

I don't know if you can have your period and be pregnant. I have heard it's possible, although I don't know anyone it happened to. If not, it seems your hormones must be out of whack.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Clearly visible but not dark.

Quoting jessecutez2: You could have been pregnant with twins and lost one. How dark is ypir lines?
MrsMilani
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM
My first pregnancy 7 yrs ago was completely normal.

My second not so much. 2 wks after I becae pregnant I had period bleeding. I had on and off bleeding all the way to 12 wks. No drs took me seriously either. I kept being told if youre going to miscarry than youre going to miscarry . Theres nothing we can do. I miscarried at around 12 weeks. But turns out I was having twins and miscarried only 1 of them. I had my dd 17 wks early but she is doing great. Take it easy if you are pregnant bc chances are you know your body better than anyone. If it doesnt feel right make sure to relax in case it is just complications you dont want to overstress yourself. Thats.what I did and having her early due to stress (which is the only thing I think it could have been) was not easy in any way . Good luck ill be praying
jessecutez2
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Most of the women in my family have had that happen. I dont think its all that rare. Sounds possible for you. Can you see a primary care dr? Its a blood test you need and any dr can order it really

Quoting Anonymous: Clearly visible but not dark.

Quoting jessecutez2: You could have been pregnant with twins and lost one. How dark is ypir lines?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)