Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SD shaved her legs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
And she's only 9! I'm not sure when but BM noticed on her weekend visitation. DH and I didn't notice because SD is always in pants since its winter. We told SD she's not old enough to shave and explained how she could get hurt using a razor because she doesn't know how to use one properly, but SD swears up and down she didn't shave her legs. There is now stubble on her legs. How else could it have gotten like that?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Could she have used nair or something OTHER than shaving?  To kids that's not a lie lol.

My girls started to shave around that age, other girls did and they were self conscious.  It really wasn't a big deal, and after they realized what a pain it was they were less bothered by their leg hair lol.

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:48 AM
What's the big deal? Teach her how to use it properly. I 'started' at 9 and was shaving at least a year before that. I'm failing yo see a problem.
bozobean
by Jennifer on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:49 AM
She either shaved her legs and she's a liar, or she used some other type of hair removal, such as hair removal cream (ie. Nair)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Funny you ask. I got the Nair bottle out and asked if she used it and she said no. She is not mature enough to shave yet and it will be her BMs decision when she starts shaving. I have explained how much a pain it is lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Could she have used nair or something OTHER than shaving?  To kids that's not a lie lol.

My girls started to shave around that age, other girls did and they were self conscious.  It really wasn't a big deal, and after they realized what a pain it was they were less bothered by their leg hair lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM
She did it withoutour kknowledge and could've hurt herself and the big deal is lying about it. Lying is a huge deal in our home.

Quoting uhhnogirl: What's the big deal? Teach her how to use it properly. I 'started' at 9 and was shaving at least a year before that. I'm failing yo see a problem.
inspain
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Oh, no!  

So what?  Who cares?  It's hair, it grows back.  Nine is old enough if she is bothered by the hair.  And it's certainly old enough to manage a plastic razor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM
3 moms liked this
What's the big deal. Once they feel uncomfortable with the hair they should be allowed to shave it offf. I've never understood putting age requirements on these things
Hectictracy
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:53 AM
My daughter is 8 and I shave her legs for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN