Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you make friends with a fat girl?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 523 Replies
7 moms liked this

I've been overweight most of my life.  I know it's my own fault.  I'm an emotional eater and my life has been a roller coaster.  Still it would be nice to have friends who like you despite your weight.  I feel like when I meet new people they dismiss me for my looks.  Anyone else feel that way?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:25 AM
4 moms liked this

My Best friend is on the bigger Size I love her very much . So I dont see an issue in a bigger girl 

greenlove2013
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I have friends that are big. Doesn't bother me. A lot of my family is on the bigger side
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM
13 moms liked this
I don't judge! Everyone looks the same on the inside. If your nice to me im nice to you. =) unfortunately lots of people judge these days.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Nope. I'm a fat girl. Have been most of my life. I've never had my weight stand between me and making friends. Perhaps its something else.
jowens8907
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't have a problem with big girls. My best friend is very overweight. I do have a problem when big girls make themselves the butt of jokes, like they're trying to beat someone else to it or something. Confidence is sexy on ALL body types.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM
11 moms liked this
I make friends with people I enjoy spending time with. Not what they look like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmygirls59
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM
6 moms liked this
I don't judge personalities based on weight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great.  Just out of curiosity were you friends before she gained all the weight or was she always large.  I guess I just feel like it keeps anyone from getting to know the real me.

Quoting white_wolf454:

My Best friend is on the bigger Size I love her very much . So I dont see an issue in a bigger girl 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friend is bigger than before but I don't love her less for it. I have more big friends because they share my love for food :) I'm not super being I'm average.
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM
4 moms liked this

I know some will judge, but honestly I think it's more of a self confidence issue.  I mean, I'm not proud to be a fatty, but I can tell when I'm holding myself back and when it's my attitude or insecurities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)