Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay accents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

Okay....I really don't have a problem with gayness. Maybe they were born that way. But lets be honest. They were not born with that accent! I find it to be annoying sometimes. Especially when their voice volume is stuck all the way up all the time.

Go ahead and bash me. I don't care. It just bugs me and I can't help it. Lol

Just to be clear im talking about the valley girl accent. Its annoying whatever sex you are. Its just in my area there are many of them who like to put on a show. And yes, I know they are not all like that. You just cant convince me you were born with that valley girl accent! LOL

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea right! Not all are but I knew some very young boys already talking girlish. 

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM

You've never watched Full House?

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:47 PM
There were a couple I knew from a very young age who had a naturally high voice that never went away.

However, I had one friend who was what people considered flaming. Accent and all. 5 years after high school I ran into him. With his wife. And a strangely deeper voice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DisabledVet
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:49 PM

You have no idea what accent they were born with. Accents are the result of WHERE you're born and raised. Aren't there more important things to worry about?

MonarchMom22
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Most people have a vocal style that is a combination of what they are surrounded by and what they want to sound like.  

People use their voice to signal to others how they see themselves.  Loud and authoritative, soft-spoken and meek, dramatic, etc. All voices annoy some people and not others.

Some men may want to signal that hey see themselves as that particular type.  Most likely it serves them to let others know they are gay, and not interested in pretending otherwise.  It is just a personal style - no big deal to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Okay ....I will be more specific. Valley girl accent! " like omgeeee"

Quoting DisabledVet:

You have no idea what accent they were born with. Accents are the result of WHERE you're born and raised. Aren't there more important things to worry about?

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM
My cousin has a "gay voice."

He has sounded that way since he learned to talk. He has always used that tone and made his voice sound more feminine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Shes talking about that annoying valley girl accent. It's annoying when women use it to.

Quoting DisabledVet:

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I don't know anyone outside of people on TV (which, you know, is certainly the most accurate representation of a group of people) who have set accents for their sexuality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:01 PM
ahaha I just told then the same thing. I hate it when anyone uses it. Man, woman, gay straight, bi.. It doesn't matter. It's just annoying.

Quoting Anonymous: Okay ....I will be more specific. Valley girl accent! " like omgeeee"

Quoting DisabledVet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)